Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groody Student Village deposit

Options
  • 28-03-2011 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anyone else have problems with Groody student village??...Recently,Groody have taken 400 euro deposit off me for losing my keys and fob.I have been trying to dispute it for a while but still no luck.It is in the lease that if you lose your keys and fob in the final week you forfeit your deposit.I know about leases and if you sign it,you sign it,blah blah.But it usually costs 60 euro to replace keys and fob any other week apart from the last.Maybe the worldwide price of keys and fobs drastically increases in week 13 or maybe Groody are a pack of robbing crooks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

This is Week 10...

Not exactly the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 darkmavis

Na happened end of first semester,I am on work placement.Being trying to get some money back for last 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Robbery alright. I would look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tomossy9784

I lived in Groody Student Park in 2nd year and had no problems gettin deposit back and neither did any of my housemates. Think if you dont hand back your keys after you move out or report them missin you lose your deposit. Havent really heard any stories of people havin trouble gettin deposits back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

you should arrange a meeting with Welfare Officer in the SU for advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement