Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants & Pubs in Tralee

Options
  • 28-03-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I will be in Tralee this coming friday with my wife and was wondering if some of you could point out some nice restaurants and some good pubs which we can check out.

We are both in out mid 30's.

I know my way around the town but its been years since i overnighted there, i will most likely stay at the Brandon.

Any and all suggestions are most welcome.

Many thanks,
    LC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Good restaurants
    Holy Cow (part of Benners Hotel Castle St) steakhouse and great gourmet type burgers.
    Bella Bia, Ivy Terrace (Italian - great pizza & pastas) was there Sat night and v impressed. close to brandon hotel
    Indian Castle (Upper Castle Street) good Indian - may not still be there though.
    Carlton Hotel, Fels Point (a little outside the town by the Aqua Dome - turn right coming out of Brandon and left at roundabout) does great food and early bird specials.

Good Pubs:
    Paddy Macs - the Mall - attracts 30something crowd
    Blasket - Castle St - late bar at weekends (attracts 20/30somethings)
    Baileys Corner (recently relocated and also on Castle Street - same age profile as above and will have live music)
    Sean Ogs - Bridge Street (traditional type Sibin type pub - tourists love it and usually has trad music)
    Roundys (off the beaten track but if you take the lane beside Penneys on the Mall and turn left by the Abbeygate hotel you will see a whitewashed type pub). The locals love it and it has a great atmosphere.

Enjoy your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

ongarboy wrote: »
    Good restaurants
    Holy Cow (part of Benners Hotel Castle St) steakhouse and great gourmet type burgers.
    Bella Bia, Ivy Terrace (Italian - great pizza & pastas) was there Sat night and v impressed. close to brandon hotel
    Indian Castle (Upper Castle Street) good Indian - may not still be there though.
    Carlton Hotel, Fels Point (a little outside the town by the Aqua Dome - turn right coming out of Brandon and left at roundabout) does great food and early bird specials.

Good Pubs:
    Paddy Macs - the Mall - attracts 30something crowd
    Blasket - Castle St - late bar at weekends (attracts 20/30somethings)
    Baileys Corner (recently relocated and also on Castle Street - same age profile as above and will have live music)
    Sean Ogs - Bridge Street (traditional type Sibin type pub - tourists love it and usually has trad music)
    Roundys (off the beaten track but if you take the lane beside Penneys on the Mall and turn left by the Abbeygate hotel you will see a whitewashed type pub). The locals love it and it has a great atmosphere.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks a million for the feedback.
    Much appreciated.

Advertisement