Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art, Design and Mixed Media

Options
  • 28-03-2011 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can anyone who is in the course tell me all about it and what the workload is like? Would really appreciate it, thanks!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Did this course a good few years ago and loved it but believe me the work load was heavy!
    No exams at the end of year so they make up for it during the year. Literally every night i went home and spend about 3 hours working.
    A lot of people dropped out after the easter break because they were behind on assignments and weren't willing to put the work in to catch up.
    If your into art you'll love it though it's a great course, the best one of it's kind imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

suspiria wrote: »
    Can anyone who is in the course tell me all about it and what the workload is like? Would really appreciate it, thanks!!! :)
    I also did this a few years ago and I can say I LOVED it. If you are into art, you will feel the same. As for the workload. I got sick and was off for a few weeks, but I was still able to catch up. The tutors are very good if you are willing to put the work in. I learned so much in ADM and in meany ways it has changed me for the better. The one bigest thing I learned was to see things in a different way. I would recomend ADM to everyone. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Just make sure you actually get a place on ADM

I applied for ADM, but they re-booked my interview, and it was full when I came back. So they lied to me and said AGP was the same. IT IS NOT

Class hours was about 30 for me, and as mentioned theres A LOT of work to do outside college

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

unreggd wrote: »
    Just make sure you actually get a place on ADM

I applied for ADM, but they re-booked my interview, and it was full when I came back. So they lied to me and said AGP was the same. IT IS NOT

Class hours was about 30 for me, and as mentioned theres A LOT of work to do outside college
    I would agree that AGP is almost the same as ADM. Infact I kind of wish I did AGP instead. I think the workload is the same as ADM as well. I know that I spent many a long night doing the work. I took sick aroung halloween and was off sick till almost christmas. I was still able to catch up. just put you best in and you will get it back ten fold. he only difference witth AGP and ADM is the sculpture class as far as I can see. If you have Declan Finn for printing, you will learn so much. Dont get stressed, just loose yourself in the art.

Advertisement