Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skilled Occupation List

Options
  • 28-03-2011 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi guys,

I was wondering could someone break this down for me a bit.

I've looked at the following site and noticed my job (software tester) is in one 'Skilled Occupation List' - schedule 2, but not in another, 'Skilled Occupation List' - schedule 3.

Does anyone know if I'm eligible for a skilled visa? Sorry in advance is this is a stupid question with an obvious answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

the SOL in existence prior to 1 July 2010 in ANZSCO code (schedule 2) – applies to GSM applicants who are eligible for transitional arrangements

I think this means you would have to already have applied under old SOL list before the new one came in and schedule 3 applies to new applicants/you:
    the current SOL (schedule 3) – applies to all new GSM applications

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yeah new applicants is CAT3, there is a rumour of a new list in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alexander Supertramp

Cheers folks. I won't be applying for a few months yet so I was just checking. Hopefully there is a new list then and they throw my job back on it.

Advertisement