Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducks crossing sign in Portmarnock....where's it gone..?!?!?

Options
  • 28-03-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

Does anyone know what happened to the ducks crossing sign as you enter Portmarnock....i.e. where all the ducks are :p

ducks_crossing.jpg

This isn't the exact one, but you get the idea.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I noticed this a while ago, there was two originaly but I dont think they lasted very long. I bet somebody robbed them. Ive never seen one of the signs before so maybe theres a novelty in stealing them. Its a shame they were really cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    I noticed this a while ago, there was two originaly but I dont think they lasted very long. I bet somebody robbed them. Ive never seen one of the signs before so maybe theres a novelty in stealing them. Its a shame they were really cute.

Think you may be right Ammsy.

Thats the first thing that came into my head....:(

Shame......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

This is terrible! How will the ducks know where they can cross? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Maybe the giant snow duck took it with him when he left last winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jumpin jaysus

the ducks took it down they have a petition in with the council for a flyover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

This is terrible! How will the ducks know where they can cross? :eek:

maybe the ducks could twitter the pelican http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Nodster wrote: »
    maybe the ducks could twitter the pelican http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_crossing

oooooooh....I was waiting for that one....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wattlendaub

Those poor ducks get nothing but white bread and chasings from little kiddies, they must be sickly and stressed all the time.

Now their sign is gone. Hope they have the will to carry on!

Advertisement