Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of adopting 2nd cat

• 28-03-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi,

we already have an 8-year old cat, Fluffy. He is neutered, and is used to having another cat around: he grew up with Vilmos, who died recently of a very aggressive cancer. As we are away from home during working hours, I was thinking of adopting a cat so that he is not on his own all the time. The problem is that even though they were great buddies with Vilmos (another male), he is a completely indoor kitty, so I don't really know how he would react to other cats. When they were 2 years old, they spent 6 months with my parents, where they sort of became friends with the resident female kitty but that's the only experience he has ever had with other felines...

i would greatly appreciate your advice on:
    - adopt a cat at all?
    - female/male?
    - what age? - kitten or a more mature cat would suit my Fluffy?

As Fluffy, s/he would be kept completely indoors.
    Thanks and apologies if this has already been covered before.
    sf

Advertisement