Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B, anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

I bought that board today from HWV and at the last minute I changed from the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B to the Corsair A70 (its now back in stock). I read one to many reviews saying that there was problems mounting the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B and then not having enough clearance for the RAM.

Just my two cents...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

OmegaRed wrote: »
    I bought that board today from HWV and at the last minute I changed from the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B to the Corsair A70 (its now back in stock). I read one to many reviews saying that there was problems mounting the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B and then not having enough clearance for the RAM.

Just my two cents...

Cheers; I may go with that or the Zalman CNPS9900MAX (will check reviews and see),

P.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It depends on whether your RAM modules have giant heatsinks sticking out the top or not :p

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I have it, its massive. I have the asus p7p55d board with it and can only mount the stock fan on the left because of ram on the right or the gpu underneath. I havent tried on top because the main extraction fan is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

OK, reckon I will go this (already have case, 750W PSU, etc):

MSI P67A-GD55 (B3), Intel P67, ATX, DDR3
    132,66 €

Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155
    177,46 €

8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-10667U CL9
    71,28 €

(Listed in the MB's recommended memory document, model number: F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL)

Corsair A70 (Sockel AM2/AM2+/AM3/775/1156/1366)
    33,03 €

(An odd thing about hardwarereversand.de website itself; I can search for the model number of memory - in this case, F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL and it shows up. However, the page of info for the memory itself doesn't display the model number: http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=44314&agid=1193 Is it hidden somewhere?)

• Advertisement
Advertisement