Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private (grudge) match issues

• 28-03-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

story folks, been having an issue and wondering if any of you have the same or have heard of a solution.

me and my mate always play EA games (fifa,nhl,madden) against eachother and in the last year we've both gotten xbox live, and whenever we try to play eachother we get messages saying things have timed out or the party is no longer available. we managed to get a game going in nhl but it was with default settings, and we dont want that now. far too hard and slow.

the weird thing is we play battlefield all the time so i dunno if its just an EA thing, cause i think battlefield sort of rules out our eircom box ( i have adjusted the nat, and so has he).

i cant remember but i think we may have had the same issue with gta... im baffled anyway... any ideas?

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Private matches in battlefield are cack, half the time randomers join in FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

we're not playing private matches in battlefield. joining eachothers squads and so forth. didnt even know you could play private matches, nice to know i can knife the sh*t out of him now tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Most likely your NAT settings are incompatible. Check the sticky at the top of the forum about how to make sure you both have OPEN NAT.

Also, make sure you've enough bandwidth available. Close all programs on your networks that may use up bandwidth.... youtube, torrents etc.

Advertisement