Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The French 1/4 Portarlington

Options
  • 28-03-2011 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

I ate here for the 1st time today and i have to say i was impressed with the service, food and prices.

There was nice relaxing music playing and the decor is nice as well. I think i counted space for about 30 covers.

I was too late for breakfast but they do pancakes, french toast etc and not just the typical fry thats served everywhere in Ireland.

I had an open sandwich with a large side salad that i enjoyed.

BUT the highlight for me was the cofee, 1.50 and it was amazing. I had it black with no sugar and even got a refill. But coffee i've had in a long time and i looooooooove my coffee.

According to the menu the beans for the coffee are roasted locally and grinded as needed.

I have to say over all 1 sambo, 1 lunch, a coke, 2 deserts, 1 coffee ( reill ) and a latte for 28 wasn't bad at all.

Good to have a nice place to have a coffee and chat in town and fingers crossed they start doing take away coffee as well in the future !

Oh and i don't know the owner, just impressed with a new local business thats trying to use local produce and trying something different in the food market outside Dublin !

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yes, i was well impressed too the first time i went in. Their breakfast eggs benedict is amazing!!

Hope teh lack of parking doesnt do it any harm, theres loads of parking in behind, but residents would probably kick up a fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

It does mention on the back of the menu that parking is available at the rear of the building so there must be a deal in place.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

same building owner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Haven't been in yet but my wife and her friend were there last week and were hugely impressed with the food and value.

Advertisement