Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brown bread stick to loaf tin

Options
  • 28-03-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I useually make 4 brown breads in loaf tins but I keep having to buy new tins because after a few uses I cannot get the bread out when done... yes of course I grease them, I even tried oil on them today and it was worse. what is the solution please :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

Where do they stick - at the bottom or sides? If it's at the bottom, buying a non-stick liner would solve your problem permanently - just cut out a few shapes to fit and wash and reuse as needed. It's a bit easier to loosen the sides with a knife/spatula when you know the bottom isn't sticking.
    I mostly use silicon or Circulon bakeware, so I don't have that problem at all. I can thoroughly recommend both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

This always used to happens me if I oil the tin, but I have cracked it.

Rub butter or marg on the insides of the tin and then a layer of flour. Just enough to stick to the butter. For some reason, the flour works better
    this way than with oil.

Works every time for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I grease the loaf tin and then line it with greaseproof paper.
    Paper & bread slides out no problem, then just gently pull off the greaseproof paper whilst it's hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

thanks guys I must try those suggestions. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

huskerdu wrote: »
    This always used to happens me if I oil the tin, but I have cracked it.

Rub butter or marg on the insides of the tin and then a layer of flour. Just enough to stick to the butter. For some reason, the flour works better
    this way than with oil.

Works every time for me.

I'll second this. Butter to make the flour stick to the sides, then shake a load of flour all over the tin so there's a thin, even coating. The loaf slides out perfectly as soon as you turn the tin over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You can buy paper liners too for bread tins, similar to cupcake cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

I usually just cut a length of parchment paper to the width of the tin, and line the bottom of the tin and 2 of the sides with it. Its pretty easy to run a flat knife along the other 2 sides and the loafs slip out :-)

Its strange that the non stick wears off after 2 - 3 uses. Are you putting them through the dishwasher? They usually can do with a quick rinse :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭thecookingapple

sprinkle them with flour, it shouldnt stick.

Advertisement