Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much money would I realistically need to go to Oz on a WHv??

Options
  • 28-03-2011 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm going to Perth on a working holiday visa in the summer. Was just wondering how much money I would need to get me started, I would definitely start looking for a job straight away but don't want to be scraping by while I'm out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

It's is recommended for the conditions of the visa that you have at least $5000, although is is not strictly enforced.

Plenty of reports of people not finding work in the first couple of months and Australia is not cheap. Really $5k would be the absolute minimum if you don't fancy the likelyhood of doing the walk of shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 homeandaway

I'm going to Perth on a working holiday visa in the summer. Was just wondering how much money I would need to get me started, I would definitely start looking for a job straight away but don't want to be scraping by while I'm out there.

I wouldn't go with less than 5000dollars. I will be winter time in Australia that time, so may not be as much jobs. It usually take about 4 weeks to get a job. You should get in contact with people you know in Australia. They might be able to help you with finding work

Advertisement