Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband to change to?

• 28-03-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi there
    Im currently with eircom for broadband, my package consists of next generation broadband regular (download speed of up to 8 Mb and a combined upload and download allowance of 30 GB). This is bundled with eircom talk time anytime which includes free landline calls. I am paying 100 euro every 2 months for this package.

I want to get the landline out as i have a good package on my mobile phone with meteor and i dont really need the house phone anymore. I also have the internet on my phone which i just use to check facebook, emails etc when im not at home.

I have one PC and one laptop in the house so sometimes the 2 are in use at the same time.

Can anyone suggest a good broadband to go for without the landline, what is your opinion on the internet usb sticks? I heard they were very slow and you have a small usage limit. I dont really download movies etc but i am on the laptop alot for facebook/youtube/email/chat etc

Any opinions would be a great help, my main reson for removing the landline is to save money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ella11

also speed is a top priority on the list, slow internet is not an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

ella11 wrote: »
    also speed is a top priority on the list, slow internet is not an option

If you can get UPC there good you can just get broadband if you don't want phone.Then there digweb metro which is fixed wireless dont bother with mobile broadband slow and unreliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ella11 wrote: »
    what is your opinion on the internet usb sticks? I heard they were very slow and you have a small usage limit. I dont really download movies etc but i am on the laptop alot for facebook/youtube/email/chat etc

Any opinions would be a great help, my main reson for removing the landline is to save money

Not broadband, OK for light occasional browsing and emailing on the go, should never be used as fixed broadband replacement. Youtube will be hit and miss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Magnet/UPC/Smart/Vodaphone in that order would be my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ella11

thanks guys, think im going to go with upc

• Advertisement
Advertisement