Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting someone online?

• 28-03-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Was playing Fifa10 online at the weekend.

In my last game, I was Ireland and beat some lad as England 2-1, despite the fact that I played most of the game with 10 men.

I had to go afterwards so didn’t bother with a re-match. Needless to say though that when I turned the machine back on the following day – I had some messages from the lad - calling me a Paddy c**t and the like!

Initially I was gonna reply but then I thought it would be better to report the idiot instead..

Will anything actually come of this – or was I just wasting my time even doing it?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Wasting your time I reckon.

Welcome to xbox live. Wall to Wall Cúnts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Report it anyway. He probably does it often and will come back to haunt him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Completely pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

did you file complaint or just give him a negative review?
    i think if more people file a complaint against him something might be done
    on the xbox page where people appeal their bans people have been banned for been abusive or racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fight fire with Fire, I start by asking him about his butchers apron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

garv123 wrote: »
    did you file complaint or just give him a negative review?
    i think if more people file a complaint against him something might be done
    on the xbox page where people appeal their bans people have been banned for been abusive or racist

I filed an actual complaint with abusive text as the reason.

As for fire with fire - that's what I first thought about doing but I'm hoping that reporting him will do him more damage in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I filed an actual complaint with abusive text as the reason.

As for fire with fire - that's what I first thought about doing but I'm hoping that reporting him will do him more damage in the long run.

simply reply, first cricket, then rugby and now fifa. what will we beat ye at next ?
    :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Absolutely report him. That's why you pay the premium for the xbox live service in the first place!

XBL has a dedicated team, that's sole purpose is to investigate reports like this. That team will then create a profile of that GT and take the necessary actions. I've heard StepToe (XBL's head of enforcement) on Major Nelson's podcast talking numerous times about incidents like this.

He wants you to report behaviour like this. As a fellow "paying" member of Xbox Live, I want you to report behaviour like that because otherwise douches like that will remain on XBL.

I'll stop my rant here, in case I fall off my moral high ground and hurt myself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'd always report anyone giving grief. The system does work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Was playing Fifa10 online at the weekend.

In my last game, I was Ireland and beat some lad as England 2-1, despite the fact that I played most of the game with 10 men.

I had to go afterwards so didn’t bother with a re-match. Needless to say though that when I turned the machine back on the following day – I had some messages from the lad - calling me a Paddy c**t and the like!

Initially I was gonna reply but then I thought it would be better to report the idiot instead..

Will anything actually come of this – or was I just wasting my time even doing it?

File a complaint under communications , text message .
    The system does work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I know that at PAX they showed how they deal with reported Gamertags, whereby a person actually checks them individually, rather than the myth of "Hey friends, everyone report my GT. I'm bored and want a new one!"

I assume it works the same way with message complaints.

Then again, I know from certain smaller multiplayer gaming communities that unliked players get banned eventually, simply because they're disliked/better than everyone else. Obviously if you get enough complaints, you'll get banned even if you're innocent... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Playing fifa your always going to get people sending you abusive messages, since i got fifa pretty much every game i win the guy either quits early or sends me a message calling me an asshole or something. Then im pretty sure they give me a negative review because after playing fifa or pro evo my rep always seems to go down just because iv beaten someone and they avoid me.

Your better off finding people on the forums to play against because randomers always hide behind the anonymity of the internet and use it to act like cnuts

Advertisement