Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone using the Sony Media Remote app for iPhone?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Doraemon08

I didn't get anything else I just got a refund. The reason this was such a big selling point was to make web browsing a little easier, you can turn the iPad screen into a track pad and you can click around with relative ease and searching for movies on Netflix is a breeze because you have a full keyboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Doraemon08 wrote: »
    well arguably the item is defective. If you follow all the directions and and the trouble shooting options and it still fails to function as promised I think that is grounds for a return.

The problem lies with the ISP and/or the router, not Sony and their player. It worked perfectly for me in Belfast on my system (set up in seconds). I then took it to Dublin and tore my hair out trying to get it to work (UPC).

I might as well return my ATV because AirPlay won't work with my new TalkTalk UK fibre optic router -but it isn't Apple's fault -it's Huawei's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Finally got it to work.

Devices: UPC Cisco EPC2425 and iPod Touch 4th gen.

Solution: Switch off the firewall and IP Flood detection options on the Cisco router. You'll find them under Firewall/Options.

Source of the solution: user srsly78 on this thread in the Broadband forum...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056526268

Advertisement