Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 // Released: Fall 2011

Options
  • 28-03-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

i know there are quite a few bad company heads on here, i checked out the BF3 release info at the weekend, and i have to say it looks pretty bloddy good...

looks like we will have jets this time around aswell, they make referance to sonic booms

theirs two trailers up so far with expected release date of Q4 2011

pc version will be 64 players but the consoles such as ps3 limited to 24 players

one change i hope to god they make is having spawn zones off limits to the opposite team, so many times i join games these days and i am instantly killed by apache's zooming around spawn zooms
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Cannot wait... only if they keep to what made Bad Company a good game and not try to implement anything similar to COD

Agree entirely about the spawn zone limited off point you make. Granted taking out choppers can be done with a bit of team work but most people just try to out run it or not bother at all. I've lost count the amount of times I've died trying to take out a chopper myself because no one else bothers their arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

skilled apache pilots are hard to take down, ive seen some masters at work, able to avade with a lot of skill

ive never been able to grasp it myself, i dont know why

ive never been in a game where engineers band together and get a tracer dart on the apache, and sync fire on them with guided rockets

i dont think many players realise that you can get a lock on, heat seeking rocket at em'

the at4 launcher wont do it, but the others will!

however if the apache pilot has smoke perk it will fend off the rocket, but if you had a few engineers doing it, it should work more often than not

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

BArra wrote: »
    one change i hope to god they make is having spawn zones off limits to the opposite team, so many times i join games these days and i am instantly killed by apache's zooming around spawn zooms

That's not going to happen. The dev's response is effectively 'play better'. The AA in BC2 before the patch was beyond a joke, now it's just OK. You still have a lot of work to do to take down one mediocre Apache pilot, who will just respawn with a new chopper in a few minutes. In BF2 there were stinger platforms all over the place, and provided a real threat to enemies in the air.

I can't see this game being anything more than a Bad Company clone on consoles. They just can't achieve the numbers to represent a true Battlefield game. Imagine invading the Gulf of Oman with just 12 people.

the stinger platforms are a joke, too many variables to make them any way reliable, the luck involved to get a hit is high

the AA guns now suck aswell, you need to hit the apache 5 to 6 times for it to take it down

the devs response is crazy stupid, play better?

hows that if you spawn and you have half a second to react due to apaches and ground troops nailing you

its a major gripe of mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Early tagging of Apaches is crucial .

Alot of players dont realise that the tracer dart does suffer from bullet drop .
    You can scope from across the map , quickly switch to tracer , shoot , tag , RPG .

Taking OASIS as an example when defending .....
    If you go to the left hand side of the map on Phase 1 you can scope the Apache when it spawns , and using the technique above Tag and RPG from a massive distance .

This technique can be effective even if the attacking Apache had flares switched on ...do it quick enough and they will never get an Apache off the ground .

Its more a task for a Recon but god nows how many Recons are in this game thinking they are Snipers :mad: .
    I find myself been an engineer more and more and doing both Recon and repairs .

M.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

Absolutely sick of Call of Duty with the past few months, playing BFBC 2 alot more again these days, its not half as stressing as COD really and alot more laid back.

But on topic, I literally cannot wait for this game. Its the first time in long while that Ive been excited about the campaign aspect of an FPS.

I think DICE have really nailed the realism on this one, just look at the recoil!
    I mean as fun as COD games are, the fact that there so unrealistic sometimes puts me off. Its nice to see a game like this being released.

This game cant come quick enough ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

OMG i never wanted to play a game so bad, it looks amazing. Cant wait.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This is definitely going to be in the top three generic military shooters of the year.

oh my....

it looks delicious...and the F18's....

• Advertisement

1:35 into the vid

is that some kind of robot to defuse bombs or something?

never seen anything like it or read about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

BArra wrote: »
    1:35 into the vid

is that some kind of robot to defuse bombs or something?

never seen anything like it or read about it?

It's probably a swipe at CoD Black Ops and the rc car. DICE are known for that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I am torn whether to get this for PS3 or Pc.All my friends are getting it for PS3 but Pc just looks so yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Chavways wrote: »
    I am torn whether to get this for PS3 or Pc.All my friends are getting it for PS3 but Pc just looks so yummy

64 player dedicated servers and larger maps with dx11 visuals, vs 32 player matchmaking lobby, cut down maps and reduced graphics on 5 year old hardware. It's not a difficult decision in my book, tell your mates to get PC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

sink wrote: »
    64 player dedicated servers and larger maps with dx11 visuals, vs 32 player matchmaking lobby, cut down maps and reduced graphics on 5 year old hardware. It's not a difficult decision in my book, tell your mates to get PC's.

They're too used to controller.I doubt I have any hope of changing their minds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Chavways wrote: »

I'm in the exact same book regards friends getting it on PS3 but there's not a hope in hell i'm passing this up on the PC, i'd rather play solo on the PC then go near the PS3 version tbh!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sink wrote: »

That's just lazy developers tbh.
    PS3 has proven it can handle 256 players with MAG for the last 18 months.
    So there's no other reason for not including 64, 128 or 256 player matches on consoles other than laziness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

It looks great , but the trailers I've seen make it look very "tour of duty in wartorn moustache-man-land " single player MW/MOH like.

Any decent multiplayer vids knocking about, personally I miss the tank mayhem and chopper fun from the likes of BF 42 and BF:V (although BF2 was good craic as well).
    Apologies btw if theres one above me , but I'm behind a proxy at the mo which is blocking youtube and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's just lazy developers tbh.
    PS3 has proven it can handle 256 players with MAG for the last 18 months.
    So there's no other reason for not including 64, 128 or 256 player matches on consoles other than laziness.

Sorry but this post is 100% wrong, BF3 will be a hugely demanding game on the PS3 even with greatly inferior graphics to the PC. There is no way in Hell the PS3 could handle 64 player battlefield maps especialy when you consider there's no dedicated servers!!

MAG was designed to be very resource friendly to allow 256 players but it is also the reason it looks so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

looking forward to shooting down an f 18 with a tank with the most ridiculously flukey shot ever

Advertisement