Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maldini Charged with Tax corruption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

"The hearing will take place on 21 June"

Keep an eye on Italian tax legislation between then and now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Innocent until proven guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Non v’è rosa senza spina. :)

However, he is not proven guilty. This throws mud in the face of Maldini, unfairly without a final judgement IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

If only he still played for Milan, Berlusconi could pull a few strings to get him off the hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

If only he still played for Milan, Berlusconi could pull a few strings to get him off the hook.

Berlucsoni is a tad busy with his own 4 or 5 trials at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Berlusconi could get a 16 year old pimp to declare 'Mr Maldini is innocent' and all would be well and the whole case would be banished from media and tv.

That PM is some corrupt f**k. The state of italian politics is LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Berlusconi could get a 16 year old pimp to declare 'Mr Maldini is innocent' and all would be well and the whole case would be banished from media and tv.

Much like its football in the past few years, despite a World Cup win and an Inter treble.

Always had Maldini pegged down as one of the good guys. Hope these allegations are unfounded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I couldn't care less, this doesn't denigrate his legend status in my eyes. Now if he was involved with serious crime like drugs ect, that would be a different matter.
    And I thought he was whiter than white! But I guess he is Italian!

By the way OP, you should tone down the oul racist commentary there. Because by that logic, are all us Irish constantly fighting lazy p1ssheads then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I wasn't aware Italian was a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yea, we could give them a few tips on how to run a country properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Theres not a court in the land that will convict somebody as good looking as Maldini.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

I couldn't care less, this doesn't denigrate his legend status in my eyes. Now if he was involved with serious crime like drugs ect, that would be a different matter.

By the way OP, you should tone down the oul racist commentary there. Because by that logic, are all us Irish constantly fighting lazy p1ssheads then?

Its not racism, its ethnic criticism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A big meh from me TBH, absolute legend of a player and a model pro during his playing career and I'll always remember Maldini as a footballer and one of the best defenders to play the game.

I do however hope these accusations are unfounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Pauleta wrote: »
    Theres not a court in the land that will convict somebody as good looking as Maldini.

Or with such a hot wife, IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

And I thought he was whiter than white! But I guess he is Italian! http://english.gazzetta.it/Football/28-03-2011/maldini-hearing-80651728250.shtml

I'm confused by your remark. What exactly has he been found guilty of?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

How topical!
    No, just very apathetic to corruption apparently...
    I'm confused by your remark. What exactly has he been found guilty of?
    I see what you did there. You've alluded to there being a notion of 'innocent until proven guilty'. I didn't quite pick up on it from the rest of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's great how certain players can get a free ride from fans no matter what. Zidane gets away with a right act of scumbaggery that a lesser player would be hung out to dry for. Now Maldini, whos reputation wont suffer whther hes found guilty or not. Again , with some other players they would be getting hammered on here and people would be saying he's probably been doing it for years.

Ah double standards, how we love thee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

defo perception changes everything but its tax evasion doesnt make him a bad person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's great how certain players can get a free ride from fans no matter what. Zidane gets away with a right act of scumbaggery that a lesser player would be hung out to dry for. Now Maldini, whos reputation wont suffer whther hes found guilty or not. Again , with some other players they would be getting hammered on here and people would be saying he's probably been doing it for years.

Ah double standards, how we love thee.

Why should Maldini suffer if he's not guilty? Wait until he has been convicted of something before bringing out the brickbats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Unless you're an Italian tax-payer, I don't see why anyone would be that morally outraged at a guilty verdict. He's a footballer, not a public representative. So he allegedly didn't pay his taxes. Big f*cking deal.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    So he allegedly didn't pay his taxes. .

and allegedly bribed people.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Shure those aren't really crimes, that's just being clever! /Bertie

Ahem

Maldini is innocent until proven guilty all the same.

I'd suspect he may be found not-guilty though ;)

Shure those aren't really crimes, that's just being clever! /Bertie

Bertie must be kicking himself he wasnt a good footballer, the lads on the soccer forum would make sure he was still running the country.

Advertisement