Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coombe infertility

Options
  • 28-03-2011 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

We've been trying to conceive now for 2 years now with no joy! I have had countless blood tests and an internal scan done and my partner has had a s.a. done. Everything has come back normal so my GP has finally referred me to the coombe infertility department.
    My GP has told me though that I will probably be in for a long wait as I will be at the bottom of the list due to my age (28)
    I was just wondering if anyone has been in the same boat as me and how long they had to wait to get an appointment? Also I have heard bad reviews of the coombe so should I just go private instead?
    I am so stressed out and frustrated at this stage, i would be really grateful for any info or tips for what I should do next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I've heard great reports on the Coombe and plan to have my babies there. Some of the top fertility and obstetric professionals are based there.

Basically, if you want to be seen quicker you'll need to go private. If you don't have health insurance and plan taking out a policy to get some cover on fertility expenses you'll have to wait 12 months before you can claim.
    I'm being seen in the Rotunda at the moment - HARI clinic (private). It's costly but worth it. (€200 per consult). Scans are about €100, bloods are charged for also. If you are prescirbed fertility meds these will cost too, but are not as expensive as you might think (I am on Clomid presently and it's about €30 for 6 month prescription). I was waiting 8 weeks for the first appt. Once you're taken on you are seen when required (i.e. no 8 week wait each time).

Good luck with whatever you decide, wishing you lots of babydust ;)

Advertisement