Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax + Installer

Options
  • 28-03-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a Visonic installer?

I currently have a Powermax + which is installed and up until recently was working perfect. For some reason one day the alarm would not set. I have since restored the factory settings and have no idea how to configure the alarm.

My set-up consists of 2 key fobs, 2 PIRs and and 5 contacts, two of which have additional contacts added to them. (Wire soldered onto another contact)

Its a wireless system.

Thanks,
    b

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Gives a list of some installers that may suit. There is also a link to the PSA register of all licenced installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Belfunk wrote: »
    Hello,

Can anyone recommend a Visonic installer?

I currently have a Powermax + which is installed and up until recently was working perfect. For some reason one day the alarm would not set. I have since restored the factory settings and have no idea how to configure the alarm.

My set-up consists of 2 key fobs, 2 PIRs and and 5 contacts, two of which have additional contacts added to them. (Wire soldered onto another contact)

Its a wireless system.

Thanks,
    b

It is a very easy system to set up. Go into your user menu 1111, then into the installer menu 9999. Go into enrolling to add your devices. Then into define zones to set up the zone types. Perimeter for the contacts, interior/ follow for a PIR in the hall, interior for the PIR on the landing plus delay for the front door contact.
    If you need anymore info let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Thanks Altor i'll give it a go.

Belfunk wrote: »
    Thanks Altor i'll give it a go.

Your welcome, any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Hey Altor,

I've managed to get the alarm half working. I deleted the contact the kept thinking it was open when it was closed.

I am now able to "Arm Away" but if I try to arm the home with me inside it the red led flashes on the control panel but it doesn't seem to arm?

Attached is the deleted contact, I have the same set-up on the window in the bathroom. What's happening here is if I open/close the top window the red led flashes on the main contact but if I open the main contact window no red led flash happens? I know sounds like a bit of a mess, it wasn't myself who installed the system.

I am thinking its looking likely that I will have to get someone who knows what they are doing to take a look, replace the "deleted contact" and possibly buy more wireless contacts instead of adding extra contacts on like in the attachment.

photo.JPG

• Advertisement

Can look inside the sensor and see how the switches are set up.

Here is an guide how they should be set up.

Let us know if it helps.

Advertisement