Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bret vs Flair - Radio War

• 28-03-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the deal is with this? Maybe it's been brought up before but it seems like Bret was involved in a phone-in show with a guy called Josh Groberman where he makes fun of Ric Flair. I don't think this is really Flair but the impersonation is very good. It sounds like it really is Bret though since it was mentioned on his Twitter page. Pretty entertaining stuff whatever is going on.

Here's a taster from the second video. Go to 5:47 for some laughs - 'I'll call Hunter right now!'

I haven't listened to the other parts yet. What does everyone think? Bret taking things too far?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smileytom

Yes it's really Ric Flair, it might be due the compression of the mp3 file or due to a poor phoneline that you might think it isn't really him.

What happened was that Bret Hart wrote down a question for Josh Groberman to ask Flair which was phrased something like 'Bro, ask him if he likes (whoever the other guy was)?'. Whether Josh did it on purpose or not Josh asked Flair if he 'bloo' him(as in give him a blowjob).

As you can hear Flair bloo a gasket instead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

smileytom wrote: »
    Yes it's really Ric Flair, it might be due the compression of the mp3 file or due to a poor phoneline that you might think it isn't really him.

What happened was that Bret Hart wrote down a question for Josh Groberman to ask Flair which was phrased something like 'Bro, ask him if he likes (whoever the other guy was)?'. Whether Josh did it on purpose or not Josh asked Flair if he 'bloo' him(as in give him a blowjob).

As you can hear Flair bloo a gasket instead.

Bruiser Brody

That is Bret Hart, the clip/s with ric flair comes from a 10-part radio show Bret Hart did with Josh Groberman which is the guy in the pic with Bret. The 2 of them started it as Josh is a broadcaster who lives near Bret and they struck up a vague relationship with what they both do/used to do as a profession. The show has been taken up I think at least semi-perminantly by a talk sport radio station in the usa. Look out on itunes as they might be releasing their shows as podcasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

100% not Flair

Whatever, its a legit show with Bret Hart. You don't think Bret can get Ric Flair's phone number if he really wanted to?
    I watched Ric's promos often enough to know that is Ric Flair.

• Advertisement

smileytom wrote: »
    I watched Ric's promos often enough to know that is Ric Flair.

Oh
    my
    god

Dude it is fake it was obvious to me when I first heard it and given that they did more skits after with a bunch of people it should be obvious to everyone. Two months on and people still think this. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I don't think it is Ric Flair. I mean why would Flair start acting like a child and start threatening Bret by saying he was in the Kliq and that he was going to tell Hunter, and that he would be in sh!t. Also surely he would have said, he was going to tell Paul(Triple H) not Hunter which is HHH's ring name. I think it's just someone whose good at impersonating Flair.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I don't think it is Ric Flair. I mean why would Flair start acting like a child and start threatening Bret by saying he was in the Kliq and that he was going to tell Hunter, and that he would be in sh!t. Also surely he would have said, he was going to tell Paul(Triple H) not Hunter which is HHH's ring name. I think it's just someone whose good at impersonating Flair.

It
    isnt
    Ric
    Flair

They even joke about on later shows.

I take it you guys think this is the real Arn too then:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVvHXpmAqg

:rolleyes:

So can we stop thinking otherwise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

drayme wrote: »
    It