Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania Pro- Question.

Options
  • 28-03-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Registered with Pixmania Pro last week (Wednesday I think). Sent them (via fax) Cert of Incorporation, VAT reg cert and an invoice, as they request.

I emailed them asking how long it'll take for them to process my documents and when can I start shopping VAT free?

I've yet to receive a reply, or notification as to whether I can shop or not. I'm probably being a bit hasty, but I need to make an order soon.

So can anyone answer my question based on their experience using them? (That question being: how long it'll take for them to process my documents and when can I start shopping VAT free?)

I'd also be interested to hear about the experiences people have had using them. Online reviews seem to be mixed, especially with regards to their dropshipping (which I don't intend to use).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've used them a couple of times for small sized equipment. I didn't have a problem with them and found the default shipping method to be quick (3-4 days). My account was setup quite quick so I'd get on to them in relation to that.

I've not used dropshipping with them and I've not had to RMA anything so I can't comment from that point of view. Anything delivered has been packaged well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 flyboy235

I have been using their dropshipping service for about 2 months now and I must say my experience thus far has been outstanding to say the least. In regards to my documents they were processed the same day I sent them in, now I dont know whether or not thats the normal time but I was happy anyway!
    I have only used their express delivery and that has never taken longer than 48 hours and I have placed over 120 orders with them so far.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that they offer Vat free prices, not wholesale prices as they advertise. I have to add on 23% VAT which means im not cheaper than anyone else!

Hope this helps, Regards, Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

flyboy235 wrote: »
    I have been using their dropshipping service for about 2 months now and I must say my experience thus far has been outstanding to say the least. In regards to my documents they were processed the same day I sent them in, now I dont know whether or not thats the normal time but I was happy anyway!
    I have only used their express delivery and that has never taken longer than 48 hours and I have placed over 120 orders with them so far.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that they offer Vat free prices, not wholesale prices as they advertise. I have to add on 23% VAT which means im not cheaper than anyone else!

Hope this helps, Regards, Ryan.

I ordered a camera last Sunday, gave them all the documents etc. heard nothing. The money was taken out of my account the next day. On Friday the money is back in my account and I cannot access the pixmania-pro website at all. It says server down. That's since last Friday. Any one know anything about this ? Are they still up and running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Noone else asks for so many documents as proof of vat registration. They can just look you up on the vat website to verify, asking for all these documents is not needed.

Amazon.co.uk now accepts your irish vat registration, just enter the number. No documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

BPH wrote: »
    I ordered a camera last Sunday, gave them all the documents etc. heard nothing. The money was taken out of my account the next day. On Friday the money is back in my account and I cannot access the pixmania-pro website at all. It says server down. That's since last Friday. Any one know anything about this ? Are they still up and running ?

I've been using pixmania-pro for the past 2 years... I was hoping to order stock online yesterday but can't access the website either... it's odd to say the least... I send one of the sales team an email earlier if I get a reply I'll let you know what they say. The main retail website is still online, it would be a shame if the trade website closed down - as they are fast at getting stock shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

I've been using pixmania-pro for the past 2 years... I was hoping to order stock online yesterday but can't access the website either... it's odd to say the least... I send one of the sales team an email earlier if I get a reply I'll let you know what they say. The main retail website is still online, it would be a shame if the trade website closed down - as they are fast at getting stock shipped.

Just got this reply back via their Facebook Page:

"Dear Customer
    Our site is down for maintenance. Our teams are doing their utmost to restore the connection as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your understanding."

Advertisement