Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport from Celbridge to Leixlip

Options
  • 28-03-2011 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I'm just moving to Celbridge. I was wondering is there any buses that go from Celbridge to Leixlip? Ideally the train stations? I presumed because they were so close there'd be loads of buses but bus eireanns website is a disaster zone to try and navigate and all I can see from Dublin Bus is the 67 route. Please please tell me there's buses or it's going to make my life very complicated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

no.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

No, there's none, but there is the recurring rumour that the 66b will eventually go to Celbridge. You have to change at the Leixlip/Celbridge Junction if you want to get from one to the other

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Nah just the 67 but the 67 goes to maynooth train station. Hazelhatch station is not far either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 IanCos

The reason I was wondering about travel to Leixlip was for access to the trains, I just realised I can hop on the bus to maynooth and get the train from there :) now if only i knew how much a return ticket from celbridge to maynooth was I'd be feeling much better :)thanks anyway!

thanks @ DJ Stiggie &thomasj!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

IanCos wrote: »
    thanks @ DJ Stiggie &thomasj!

Trampas gave you a good answer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

IanCos wrote: »
    The reason I was wondering about travel to Leixlip was for access to the trains, I just realised I can hop on the bus to maynooth and get the train from there :) now if only i knew how much a return ticket from celbridge to maynooth was I'd be feeling much better :)thanks anyway!

if you are using it a lot you can get train/bus weekly/monthly tickets to cover both trips

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

If you're travelling into Dublin City Centre it's probably easier to get the train from Hazelhatch.

There's a free shuttle bus from Main Street Celbridge to Hazelhatch Station that leaves about 20 mins before each train at peak times. It's marked on the Hazelhatch timetables in light blue.

The train takes about 20 mins to get into Heuston station. If you ask for the shuttle bus when buying your ticket, you can then hop on the bus at Heuston station into the city centre. the 90 and 145 both leave from just outside the door.

The 90 runs straight along the quays, to Connolly station and the IFSC. The 145 heads along the quays, crosses over O'Connell bridge, heads up D'Olier Street and continues towards Leeson St and eventually Bray.

If you've got a return ticket you can get these buses back out to Heuston in the evening. Weekly return including shuttle buses is €19.90.

You do need to check the timetables from Heuston to Hazelhatch. Train frequency is ok at peak times, not so good off peak.

In contrast heading to Maynooth on the bus (10 - 15 minutes) for €1.65 to get the train into Connolly (45 minutes) wouldn't be an attractive option in my opinion. But if you need to head to Drumcondra or somewhere else on that line I can see why you'd do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

For a commute to town i'd reccommend the 67X (if you plan on leaving early). I get the 7am bus, its in the village for about 7:10 and on the quays for about 7:45. I'm in Baggot St for 8 am most mornings. Coming home it's about 1hr 15 mins on the 4:20 fron UCD, if the time suits.
    €18.50 weekly ticket.

Hmm thanks, a lot to think about there. I'm actually only going to have to do the commute until early June luckily, HP is moving from Clonskeagh to Leixlip then. A friend I work with is going to give me a lift from Heuston for some of the time so that's a load off my mind, I wish I was just getting to the city centre but I'm not going much further, just down to Sydney Parade. I absolutely despise buses :) I don't know what it is I guess because I'm a little claustrophobic but the train doesn't bother me, still for the convenience the buses sound fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Celbridge Life

I used to work down Sydney Parade way and sometimes got a train back in the evening all the way from Sydney parade to maynooth without having to change for darts/buses etc.

Advertisement