Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house

Options
  • 28-03-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey lads , moving house shortly. Whats the procedure for notifying the guards that my guns are moving to a new address? Also the father has a single barrel shotgun registered at the same address. I have an o/u and a 22mag. Ok to have them all in the one house? Only difference now is his will be in my safe instead of broken and scattered around the place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

There should be no problem, if your 22 is non-restricted. The law for

One restricted firearm or three or fewer non-restricted firearms.requires that
    Each firearm shall be stored securely in a gun safe which complies with BS 7558 and which shall be securely fixed to a solid structure.

Under your existing licence you are obliged to tell the issuing authority of any changes in the details you supplied, so a change of address falls under that. You should write to the station who issued you with the licence, with a copy to the guards in Wickla, saying that you are moving from X to Y, that your guns will be stored in Y and that you have a safe installed there.

Rs
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

CPO will probably want to inspect the safe in the new house; apart from that it's fairly painless. Most Supers wouldn't have a problem with decisions made by other Supers on licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭wicklow newbie

Only moving about 2 miles so hopefully should not be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If you're not leaving the garda district, it should be even less painful - they can amend the details quite easily. The CPO might still want to see the new safe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Whats the procedure for notifying the guards that my guns are moving to a new address?

Is the FCA2 the correct form to use for change-of-address in this case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

ther is also 3 guns in my house and the guards never checked my safe when i moved i just brought in my two licences and tge guard ameneded them and just got the woman to bring hers in a couple of days lter to do the same no prob with it at all

Advertisement