Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

men's softball

• 28-03-2011 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

just wondering if there is a softball league for men only? Much prefer all men's team as I am used to it in Canada.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Not in Ireland, at least not one officially recognized by Softball Ireland. There may be informal ones, but I'm not aware of any.

There is male only baseball, if you would be interested in that.

www.baseballireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wedgie

Not at the moment. It has been done in the past, but I'm not aware of any plans to resurrect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭mentor

Thank you for the info. I guess I will have to wait for another couple years then. I will say it is a bit strange not to have separate leagues for more equal and competitive games. Usually teams here are short of women players and what happens then is some men (and usually new comers) get to sit on the bench as seniority prevails within a team. And when you try to start a team of your own the problem then is there is a shortage of women players to make up a team. There is no joy in sitting on the bench and watch others play , is there?! I am sure I can form a man's team quite quickly if there is a man's league. I think the Irish Softball association should consider that option as there are many of my male friends who would like to play more by playing in a man's league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 budro

http://www.greystonesbaseball.org/

I don't know if our location is convenient to you but we do not operate a seniority system. If anything our senior players tend to sit out and coach to give new comers a chance to play. We have 5 dedicated female players and while we have occasionally had to play with 9, we have never forfeited due to lack of ladies. If you are interested you can see our post on this forum about open days this week or pm me directly.

Advertisement