Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEXFORDS NEW UNDERGROUND NIGHT - Six of Spades

Options
  • 28-03-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

Copied from the Fb page

Launch Night: 1/4/11 10pm
    Location: Ground Floor Venue, The Bailey, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
    €5 Entry fee

Your new cheap Friday night playing the music you want to hear!
    This is the first night of what will be a monthly event from now on. Importing the finest Dj's from across Ireland so you can get down with your bad self.

-3 Dj's Playing the finest in Electro, Techno, Drum n Bass & Dubstep
    -Drink promotions
    -Overdose of craic

Djs of the night:

Coming all the way from the capital we have...
    Mr.Devitt(Dubstep Dublin)
    http://soundcloud.com/mrdevitt/mr-devitt-dubbed-up-mix

Arklows Finest:
    Paul Dunbar

And our one and only Wexford man:
    K100
    http://soundcloud.com/k100/k100-dubstep-mix

Two sweet mixes there to get you in the mood.

Gov ID Essential
    R.O.A.R.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

How will this affect the imminent reopening of "El Kippo" in Castle Street? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

It's not really in direct competition as far as I can see, and the music that will be played caters to a different crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nice mixes there-like a lot of what gets played in my car,great driving music:D

Good to see the town getting something different from the usual rubbish euro dance,The Bailey has tried to reinvent itself a couple of times.It's stuck between catering for the restaraunt crowd,the 'have a nice couple of drinks' crowd and the clubbers,it has fallen between these stools so I hope this works-but imo the venue is too small and cramped.
    Anyhow best of luck to the organisers for trying something progressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

hope it works out for you.

doing this kinda thing in wexford town would be extremely challenging, let alone enniscorthy.

couldn't find anything on the bailey facebook page, got a link ?

Sorry I should clarify I'm not organising this, Just posted this for a friend I'm just the photographer

Here's a link to the page

Event link

Page link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

How did this night go? Was there anyone here at it?

It went really well. Didn't fill up until 12 but that's the same with any club in the town, people prefer to drink at home/in pubs first because its cheaper (Although the drinks were pretty cheap in there). If you check out the fb page there's photo's from the night + each dj's set available for download

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

JayEnnis wrote: »
    It went really well. Didn't fill up until 12 but that's the same with any club in the town, people prefer to drink at home/in pubs first because its cheaper (Although the drinks were pretty cheap in there). If you check out the fb page there's photo's from the night + each dj's set available for download
    Pics on the FB page are nice by the way, fair play.

Have they any plans to run another one?

Thanks!

The next one is on the 6th of may, it will be the first weekend of every month as far as I know

Advertisement