Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch cards

• 28-03-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put it, or if this is a lame thread. :o

Just wondering if people buy scratch cards, and if so, what kind? I bought a couple "win it all" cards today and won 4 euro, but I'll buy other ones if people can advise me on which are the best.

Which cards pay out the most? What cards do you buy?

Sorry if this is a bit amateurish, just want some info. on which are the best ones to buy. I'm not typically a gambler (would bet on boxing and other sports I'm knowledgable on, occasionally) but I enjoy it when I do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Stay away from scratchcards, find other forms of gambling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

(would bet on boxing and other sports I'm knowledgable on, occasionally)

For gambling, I like American football, boxing and tennis. I don't like soccer
    The three I like I have a passionate or at least growing interest in. I'm not realy a soccer fan.
    And soccer has draws. Well American football can have a tie but that is unbelievably rare.

OP, follow the sports you currently follow
    Stay away from scratch cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I know someone who robbed a whole roll of around 800 of them. He won about 80 quid.If that doesn't deter you i don't know what will lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

digme wrote: »
    I know someone who robbed a whole roll of around 800 of them. He won about 80 quid.If that doesn't deter you i don't know what will lol.
    I think I remember that, he sent them into the tabloids and they printed them all in the paper before handing them back to the lotto.

Scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Anonymous111

Think I will stay away then. Must have been the lure of possibly winning cash instantly that drew me to it. Bought three cards today for 1 quid each and won 4 euro. :o

I don't understand alot of the terms/signs used in gambling for sports, for example -1.5? That's why I'd usually stick to boxing even though I know basketball alot better. Have won a decent amount on boxing but only as a casual gambler, not big amounts as I am a student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Scratch cards like All cash seem to have their top prize/s reduced in the last two years of the recession.

Details of the supposed regulatory board are vague and no-one regulates the actual regulatory board.

A higher percentage of the winning prizes are now €2, €4, €5 etc which means there are less top prizes overall.

It never states on the websites when or if these top prizes have actually already been won or what time span they're actually relevent from, ....eg Jan 2010 to Jan 2011 or whenever.

Theres alterior motive regarding which parts of the country any substancial prize cards get sent to and the type of stores or shops that get them anyway. I think there was a scandel in France a few years ago regarding this kind of thing.

Scam.

Advertisement