Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put your questions to Katie Taylor for a Boards.ie Q&A

Options
  • 28-03-2011 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

VERY late notice I know but I'll be having a chat with Katie Taylor tomorrow and would like to invite questions from this forum for someone I personally think is a great athlete, a great ambassador for Irish boxing and an inspiration.

Here's a shot of her at the St Patrick's Day parade this year.

IMAG4467.jpg

Katie will be part of a new Lucozade Sport advertising campaign that goes live tomorrow. I'll ask as many relevant questions as I can.

Cheers

Darragh
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

If you could have any non-sporting career, what would it be and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Are you single ? -Tommy :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Do you have any interest in MMA and would you ever try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Apart from your Olympic ambitions do you have any ambitions of going pro after the olympics?!

What's your favourite punch, eg left hook!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭What? Oh Rly!

You have such fast hands; was speed always on your side or did you have to work at it? And what type of training would increase this? bag, pads, shadow boxing etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Whenever Hollywood makes 'The Katie Taylor Story', which actress would you like to play you? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

What is your favourite Rocky film? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Do you have a secret boards.ie account? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Who do you think will win in the Haye vs Klitschko fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Biggest influence in boxing?
    Favourite boxer past or present?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You would be considered a very positive role model for young people in Ireland.

How do you find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Do you have any interest in MMA and would you ever try it?

Please ask that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

What is your inspiration for training the day after a tough fight or soccer match, when you are tired and sore?

If you listen to music before a fight, what is your favourite song that you listen to before going into battle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

How rigorous is your training for upcoming matches? Any interest in the pros

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Of all the fights in boxing history which one would you most like to have attended and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

What are you going to do after boxing ?

Do you prefer representing your country in soccer or you yourself in boxing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

Did you ever feel like knocking out ryan tubridy when he interviwed you?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Your Success in the amateurs is well regarded but how do you think your style would hold up in the pro game. Also, do you watch pro women's boxing at all and if so how do you think the talent compares to the amateurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭rocco.

what are you doing saturday night? pm for a spar and more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭mjon3105

Katie:

Whilst recognising that standards continue to improve all the time, do you regards Sofya Ochigava (Russia), Gulsum Tatar of turkey and possibly Queen Underwood of USA as your main threats for London 2012 (IF you and they qualify) or do you believe that an even bigger threat will emerge in the form of the many recent recruits from Kick-Boxing including Mari Del Carmen Romero and Britain's Chantelle Cameron to name but two ?

Mike (in London)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

What is the biggest influence in your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

What does it feel like to come out to a crowd chanting your name?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 damomaher

Who would you most like to take on competitively in the ring , past or present, male or female ?

Do you secretly enjoy the fact you can kick your boyfriends ass if he is out of order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What age did you take up boxing? And was it hard to juggle both boxing and soccer??

What part of your training do you hate the most??

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Do you think the way boxing is judged needs to be updated. In a recent fight were you were clearly the winner, you lost on a points decision? Your father Peter was fuming and rightly so as everyone in the arena that night knew you won, except the judges i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

What football team do you support Katie - both at home and cross-channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Who are your current top 3 favourite fighters today? top 3 male and top 3 female

And do you think Mayweather would beat Pacman?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Does it bother you that your sporting achievements do not get the same exposure as your male counterparts do?

Personally I think Katie is the greatest sportsperson this country has ever produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks very much for all the questions folks. I'll be meeting Katie later on this evening and will get the video online as soon as I can.

Your questions are very much appreciated!

Cheers

Darragh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey folks

Thank you VERY much for the questions.

RP0071049.jpg

I met Katie last night before she spoke to an online media group previewing the new Lucozade ad that Katie is in.

Katie is a genuinely lovely person. I met her, her dad Peter (a gentleman) and the PR team behind this launch and they were generous in their time and effusive in their enthusiasm for Boards.ie.

Katie was very engaging, honest and open in the questions. I asked as many as I could (keeping it appropriate) and they're both in the YouTube videos below.

Let me know if the sound is too low. There was a very noisy fridge in the background and I didn't really want to get up mid interview and try find how to turn it off...

My thanks to Katie for her time and again to you for the questions and the feedback :)

Cheers

Darragh

Advertisement