Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ripplecom + Sky

• 28-03-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

Ripplecom have said that Sky won't work with their service, but I remember reading somewhere that it would.

Can anyone clarify this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I assume you want to use it for multiroom? Callbacks can't be done on their service which is similar to Digiweb.
    Somebody might be able to do a workaround similar to UPC's phone service which has problems with callbacks to skyboxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

zerks wrote: »
    I assume you want to use it for multiroom? Callbacks can't be done on their service which is similar to Digiweb.
    Somebody might be able to do a workaround similar to UPC's phone service which has problems with callbacks to skyboxes.

No, we plan to use a single Sky+ Box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

zerks wrote: »

Sky doesn't call back to a box. The Box phones OUT using a free number.

Ripplecom isn't at all similar to Digiweb Metro. Digiweb Metro is similar to UPC, even though it's LOS wireless and not cable all the way. (It's Cable Broadband on the cable from roof box to modem).
    No, we plan to use a single Sky+ Box.
    You don't need phone line except for Multiroom. Ripplecom won't work. Digiweb Metro and UPC usually works, but not guaranteed, you have to try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

watty wrote: »
    Sky doesn't call back to a box. The Box phones OUT using a free number.

Ripplecom isn't at all similar to Digiweb Metro. Digiweb Metro is similar to UPC, even though it's LOS wireless and not cable all the way. (It's Cable Broadband on the cable from roof box to modem).

You don't need phone line except for Multiroom. Ripplecom won't work. Digiweb Metro and UPC usually works, but not guaranteed, you have to try it.

So we'll be fine with just the one box then? That'd be fine as I stream most of my TV anyway :D

Advertisement