Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun holiday for young couple?

• 28-03-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey guys, just wondering if you could suggest a spot for myself and my girlfriend. We would have a budget of about 300 euro each for flights and accommodation. We'd like nice, warm weather, beaches, some things to do or see, and would not like the place to be full of tourists, particularly not the drunk/rowdy type.

Been thinking Alicante for 4 nights as we can get it sorted for around 200 euro. Any other possible locations? I'm open minded.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mynamesjay

I want exactly the same thing if anyone has some info. By the way any information on the alicante deal your getting might help me? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

alicant is horrible imo. dusty and half finished buildings galore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mynamesjay

Ok, don't know anything about it, any suggestions? Or a good way of going about booking because I'm new to this holiday booking craic and I'm sure if i go about it in the wrong way I'll probably spend much more than I would if I had a bit of the knowledge of the wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Haven't been yet so can't really recommend it but my husband and I are going to Malta for a week soon. Might be an option to look into. Ryanair flys there so you can get some cheap flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

I don't know when you are thinking of going but gohop.ie have some good deals at the moment http://www.gohop.ie/last_minute_deals.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Majorca or menorca. The quieter islands of the balerics. Nice beautiful and as quiet or loud as u want. Might be pressed to get it for 300 but bit of digging u could get close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

croatia - ryanair fly to zadar and from there go to Split and Dubrovnik. Easyjet fly to Dubrovnik from Liverpool. Dubrovnik's amazing. So much to do and reasonably cheap. The accomadation is of a very high standard. Don't book before you go. When you arrive off the airport bus people will come up to you offering you a room in their house - sounds dodgy but its the norm there. Never had a bad experience with it and ended up in some amazing rooms for about €15 each a night. Foods amazing, weather brilliant and booze is cheap. Not a massive drinking holiday place, nice relaxing holiday with loads to do! All the beaches are stone is the only issue but they're gorgeous. Swimming in the warm, clear Adriatic with fish around your feet! I'm going back this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

Agree with Scotty Irish - Croatia is amazing. Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik and if you can make it up the north of the country you should try and see Plitvice national Park - all lakes and waterfalls. I can also recomend Kalkan in Turkey - the girlfriend and I went in 2007 on a last minute deal and had a really great time - I rate it much higher than Greece. People very friendly, food was delicious, alcohol was overall cheap (although there were - as I imagine there is everywhere - a few tourist gouge spots that you quickly learn to avoid) - and lots of interesting things to see and do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Depends when you want to go. For example you can stay in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria in June for about 300 each for a week. That would include flights (Ryanair) and accomodation in one of the very nice hotels there (Morasol, Terrazamar Sun Suites, Marina Suites). You can get that cheaper again if you go for one of the more basic places. Its quiet enough there and the weather 9/10 is excellent. Its more a place for couples and older crowds than young rowdy crowds. You also have Amadores beach in the vicinity.

If it was closer to August you wanted to go though you would probably have to nearly double the price each for flights and accom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mojacar for Me

As you can see from the name, its Mojacar for me in Almeria, Spain. If you take a six day break from May 14th to May 20th you could get a Ryanair flight in Murcia for €200. You can rent a 2 bed apartment with a pool for €200 and rent a car for €85 and you have €115 left for petrol and food or wine and beer. We have been going there for 14 years and it has good restaurants, good bars, good beach, it is not the place for a mad holiday, stag or hens. It is just an easy going Spanish seaside resort. PM me if I can be of help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Also interested in this type of holiday. But for Easter.
    Would Croatia be hot in 2 weeks time?

Barca is prob next in line, but its over 500 for flights and hotel for the pair of us

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Anonymous111

Thanks everyone for the ideas, some really interesting ones in there. I'll definitely do some more research.

If anyone else has anything else to offer, I'd appreciate it.

I can't find flights to Mojacar on the Ryanair website, could anyone help me out?

Also, should note that we won't be renting a car and will be relying on public transport. Would be handy to have a bus stop to the airport near us, although that's not too important as long as it's easy to get there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭corkoian

Anyone have anything new to add to this. Im in the same boat at the OP. Young couple, 19, looking for quiet sun holiday. Somewhere with nice beach's, a lot of stuff to do and a good night life but not messy places like Santa Ponza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

corkoian wrote: »
    Anyone have anything new to add to this. Im in the same boat at the OP. Young couple, 19, looking for quiet sun holiday. Somewhere with nice beach's, a lot of stuff to do and a good night life but not messy places like Santa Ponza

What time of the year do you want to go? Would you be looking for sight seeing?

My partner and I would be a little older than you (early 20's), and I booked Rome (yes Rome has beaches!) for 12 days in May/June for 600 euro, all included (takes some research!). We are not really big on night life, but there was an amazing bar where we stayed that had cocktail bars etc-which we loved!

Also I cannot recommend highly enough booking everything separately, it saves a lot of money! If you want any more details or help with your search let me know, I love looking for great deals!!

Advertisement