Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime in area shooting up

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Anecdotally at least burgalarys in the are is on the up, no less than two houses broken into on my parents road in the last week (Stillorgan Area), about the 5th in the last year if my memory serves me correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Dean Roche wrote: »

All the European countries that you have mentioned don’t have scangers and scumbags in them that we have. I have yet to see an Italian ballymun or a Swiss moyross or a finish southill. Scangers are not a Germanic trait; they are not med or Slav trait ether. Only in the native Irish Celt gene pool that vile breed can be found in! I have travelled and lived in a good few European countries and I have yet to find the ultimate plug ugly menacing ferals and scum that you find in the native Irish Celt gene pool!

:pac: You have to be trolling. You sound like a devotee of Nazi eugenics.

http://d3.img.v4.skyrock.net/d3c/ghetto-du-monde/pics/257508906.jpg
    -Naples, Italy

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kt5xr6ut4s1qa33ez.jpg
    -Paris, France

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2773/4450630398_31e06ab7ca.jpg
    -Barcelona, Spain

http://img232.imageshack.us/i/marzahn470ee9.jpg/sr=1
    -Berlin, Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Dean Roche

I am not trolling, I am just speaking my mind, do you have a problem with that? Should we all stick to mainstream thinking and all think more or less the same way? Why do you have a problem with thinking out of the boring mainstream?

In the lower parts of those countries that you mention do they really look French or Scandinavian to you??? Hardly!

They don’t look European to me!

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_md61S_gChL0/SwCgmTaakFI/AAAAAAAABSs/amuZUNNuPGo/s400/parisriots1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2010/11/just-what-is-ghetto-really.html&usg=__wPaOEjHbiRlCt48O8mUR2CH6740=&h=279&w=385&sz=37&hl=en&start=47&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=KpiApvb1ceYsLM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=123&prev=/search?q=muslims+ghettos+sweden&start=36&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&ndsp=18&biw=1419&bih=751&tbm=isch&ei=E6a0TdvDEc24hAeT8OziDw

Show me a true German French or Dutch scanger ghetto. You can’t! You can only find that with the Irish underclass in Ireland and all the generation Irish that live in UK like Liverpool and Glasgow est

They are no ballymuns or moyross type slums with native Germans Dutch Spanish est.

In Northern Ireland all the crime and slum areas are Irish catholic areas and the protestant areas are safer and cleaner... what does that tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Dean, I warned you already and you've ignored me, so you're taking a break from the forum.

And while I respect your right to these views, we are not discussing the genetic makeup of criminal elements, we are merely discussing crime in South Dublin, so can everyone please stick to that topic or I'll close the thread permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I live in the Cabinteely area and have heard nothing but break in stories. One of the mods had his BMW stolen last week. Someone tried to break in my front door and then tried the sitting room window but thankfully never got in. There is about 3 houses a week in my area being broken into and last night the house 3 doors down from me was broken into and they thrashed every room in the place apart from the main bedroom where the only person in the house had to barricade herself in unfortunately without a phone.

Im finding myself looking out the window a lot at night time just trying to see someone walking around.

Pretty scary for older people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AndyGarcia

bungler wrote: »
    I live in the Cabinteely area and have heard nothing but break in stories. One of the mods had his BMW stolen last week. Someone tried to break in my front door and then tried the sitting room window but thankfully never got in. There is about 3 houses a week in my area being broken into and last night the house 3 doors down from me was broken into and they thrashed every room in the place apart from the main bedroom where the only person in the house had to barricade herself in unfortunately without a phone.

Im finding myself looking out the window a lot at night time just trying to see someone walking around.

Pretty scary for older people

I'm the same i live in Cornelscourt and a lady in her mid 50's 2 doors down from me went to work at 1.00pm yesterday and when she came home her house had been thrashed and they took money,jewellery and phones etc. They got in through the back door and pulled all the blinds in the front of the house so nobody could see them. Judging by the state of the place its like they were there for hours, there wasnt one item left standing. They had obviously known that she left for work at 1.00pm for the day.

It's getting fairly scary with the volume of break ins around my area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Anecdotally at least burgalarys in the are is on the up, no less than two houses broken into on my parents road in the last week (Stillorgan Area), about the 5th in the last year if my memory serves me correctly.

Could you PM me please what area is this exactly? This is getting scary. The only stuff worth taking would be our TV and laptops but I don't want the house trashed or our dog hurt :( Started making external drive backups and hide it well now...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AndyGarcia

AndyGarcia wrote: »
    I'm the same i live in Cornelscourt and a lady in her mid 50's 2 doors down from me went to work at 1.00pm yesterday and when she came home her house had been thrashed and they took money,jewellery and phones etc. They got in through the back door and pulled all the blinds in the front of the house so nobody could see them. Judging by the state of the place its like they were there for hours, there wasnt one item left standing. They had obviously known that she left for work at 1.00pm for the day.

It's getting fairly scary with the volume of break ins around my area

Another one yesterday. A house a few doors down decided to fit a CCTV due to the break ins and he was putting it over the front door and went into his garage to get the cable and a car pulled up with 3 guys in it, 2 got out of it and started putting gloves on and both had crow bars and one set foot into the house but the neighbour accross the road banged on her window and screamed and they hot footed it back to the car and spun off.

It's actually understandable why Americans love their guns so much when you hear stories like this. Personally, I'd feel a lot safer.

I've a friend down the country who has a few guns for hunting and sleeps with one in his room ever since they had an attempted break in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

. Personally, I'd feel a lot safer.
    knowing that all the bad guys now have guns?

• Advertisement

knowing that all the bad guys now have guns?

I understand that if everyone is armed, burglars arm themselves also.
    Even still, if people are invading my home I'd want some weapon that could put them down quickly. I understand all the pros and cons of gun culture but still...the idea of havign to retreat from burglars who enter your home with syringes and knives just pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

..the idea of havign to retreat from burglars who enter your home with syringes and knives just pisses me off.
    Me too. I'm just not sure that having more and more guns around is the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BanjoSpanner

Pauleta wrote: »
    People dont start breaking into houses when they lose their jobs. People breaking into houses are careered criminals. A devious malicious person breaks into a house, not somebody down on his luck.

I agree that those who loose their jobs are not likely to immediately take to burglery. However they they are far more likely to start looking for goods on the cheap. i.e. the black market flourishes. And where there's a demand on the black market, some criminal or other will step in to meet it on the supply side. Business is booming for criminals at the moment because there is a recession generating a ready suppy of clients.

I and a load of neighbours have put up some fairly elaborate CCTV systems in recent months. This was mainly driven by the night of Feb 7th this year where me and everyone else in my estate with the same car as me had our wing mirrors stolen, seven of us in all. At €2,500 a pair to replace that's a combined replacement value of €17,500 .... not bad for probably an hours work. And there's a ready market out there for them in Ireland and across Europe.

I'm not saying that CCTV is going to stop crime but anything that might deter a petty thief might just be worth doing.

Advertisement