Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street recording failed - Freesat

Options
  • 28-03-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,875 ✭✭✭✭

Last Friday the second episode failed to record - we noticed in time to get it on ITV1+1

Same thing again tonight, first episode recorded fine but nothing for the second. The Mrs. is starting to lose her belief in the super duper powers of Freesat HD :(

Humax Foxsat HDR set to London postcode, series recording on SD. No problems with signal strength etc. and no problems on any other recordings. I'm presuming the broadcaster messed up - anyone else have this happen?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Was having similar problems with Midsomer murders also on ITV1, switched the recording to ITV1+1 and have had no problems since fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

ninja900 wrote: »
    Last Friday the second episode failed to record - we noticed in time to get it on ITV1+1

Same thing again tonight, first episode recorded fine but nothing for the second. The Mrs. is starting to lose her belief in the super duper powers of Freesat HD :(

Humax Foxsat HDR set to London postcode, series recording on SD. No problems with signal strength etc. and no problems on any other recordings. I'm presuming the broadcaster messed up - anyone else have this happen?
    Had the problem on Friday - neither episode recorded - London postcode also. Got them on ITV2 later. No problems last night, but I had previously refreshed the EPG as I was checking other software I had installed, so maybe that refreshed the CRIDs or whatever caused the issues on Friday. When ITV HD started I used to record Coronation St. on the HD channel, but I had so many issues with series link, that I went back to the SD version. No problems until Friday last.

Had a recording fail - lightening bolt symbol! I took it to mean an EPG fail - no start flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

1. Did the recording fail (show up as an error in the list of recorded programmes or whatever that menu is called when you press the media button)

or

2. Did no recording at all occur at the appointed time (no mention of even a failed recording in the list of recorded programmes)

My feeling is that 1 occurs when the box crashes for whatever reason, whereas 2 may be due to some issue related to the EPG/broadcaster

• Registered Users Posts: 34,875 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The first episode recorded fine but for the second - No recording at all and the series had disappeared from the schedule. Pretty sure ITV messed it up.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement