Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up for a 5K?

• 28-03-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I'm hoping to start doing 2 or 3 5K runs every week. I think it's easier to get motivated if there are other people with you. So I was wondering if anyone would be up for it?

I'm not fit at all at the moment so this is more aimed at average Joe's rather than G.I. Joe's :). Hence posting in this forum rather than the athletics forum.

I'm in the Castletroy area. Just posting to gauge interest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Plenty of people at the same level in the athletics forum, you really should post there (and take a look at the logs too). Go to the athletics ireland site and check out your nearest fit4life group - these are groups that are designed for people starting off and people of more/less/any ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 seamusfamous

Ya id be up for it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

ThomasAlan wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hoping to start doing 2 or 3 5K runs every week. I think it's easier to get motivated if there are other people with you. So I was wondering if anyone would be up for it?

I'm not fit at all at the moment so this is more aimed at average Joe's rather than G.I. Joe's :). Hence posting in this forum rather than the athletics forum.

I'm in the Castletroy area. Just posting to gauge interest.

Get yourself down to the track in UL every Tuesday night at 6.50pm

Joe Chawke of West Limerick A/C does a session there that attracts everyone from the mini marathon crowd to the best runners in the area.

Beginners usually run around the the pitch in the inside.

Its a great session and great for bringing people on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 seamusfamous

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Get yourself down to the track in UL every Tuesday night at 6.50pm

Joe Chawke of West Limerick A/C does a session there that attracts everyone from the mini marathon crowd to the best runners in the area.

Beginners usually run around the the pitch in the inside.

Its a great session and great for bringing people on

What kinda price for this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Even better - it's FREE!

I need to get back there myself actually. Been a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Is it for vv unfit peps as i would luv to try it but haven't really exercised a lot do a bit of walking and thats it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

kiersm wrote: »
    Is it for vv unfit peps as i would luv to try it but haven't really exercised a lot do a bit of walking and thats it:(

I would say if you could run 2K then you would be at the level to start on the pitch in the inside.

The training is all short sharp stuff so you wont be asked to run 10K or anything - Tuesdays session was 10 intervals of 35 seconds, sounds easier than it is. You'd want to be doing some other longer continious runs yourself during the week.

Just to update on the price - UL have started looking for a fee so the price has jumped to €1 a session. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Unfort i think that rules me out I have never run and was looking for somewhere to start. I'll keep up the walking and go from there

Advertisement