Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vantastival - Irelands Campervan Music Festival

• 29-03-2011 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Vantastival is a music festival with a difference and a celebration of campervan culture! With over 70 live acts and a range of attractions for all ages, Vantastival is a family-friendly festival from 29 April to 1 May. Tent campers are welcome.

http://www.vantastival.com/home.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭irishllanaber

I'm thinking of heading off to this event with my family, Wife and two 7yo's
    Does anyone have any experience of this event. Is it enjoyable for kids etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

We're thinking the same, looks impressive from the website- the line up looks good, BYO saves a fair bit, and its seems very child friendly, although at 3 and 18 months, our two might be a bit young.

Would love to hear feedback from anyone who's been before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 doubledecker

I traded at vantastival last year and it was great.
    One of the best run festivals in Ireland...
    Set in a lovely field with plenty of activities... everyone seemed to have
    plenty to do..
    Young kids would be fine at it... wasn't too loud, as there were plenty
    of places inbetween the 'noise'. A good few kids last year.
    We had good weather last year... so hope for the same this year, though
    plenty of shelter in the big music tents.
    Hope to see you there.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Yea it sounds and looks good allright,,,,just a quick one but im assumeing the 85euro camping ticket includes entrance into the gigs and all,and not just the campsite..And would anyone know if you would be allowed to run a generator on site as there will be no hookups,,,,,thanks

Scrap the above,,,after reading through it PROPERLY it seems campervans can park up free in a carpark,,,kids under 14 go free,so it would cost 40 euro per adult per day on the saturday and sunday,,so thats 160 euro for both days for 2 adults,,,,,im starting to wonder if it would be worth it with 3 kids i probably wouldnt get much time to appriciate the music/band...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

elaverty wrote: »
    Scrap the above,,,after reading through it PROPERLY it seems campervans can park up free in a carpark,,,kids under 14 go free,so it would cost 40 euro per adult per day on the saturday and sunday,,so thats 160 euro for both days for 2 adults,,,,,im starting to wonder if it would be worth it with 3 kids i probably wouldnt get much time to appriciate the music/band...
    Camping

There are two main camping areas on the festival site - one for residential vehicles, and one for those pitching tents. The campervan campsite will be further divided, with a specific area for classic VWs. Family camping for both tents and campervans will be located within the campervan field.
    Day Ticket holders will not be allowed to camp overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kate29

I went to Vantastival last year and it was brilliant. I don't have kids but there were a good few there and they had puppet shows and arts and crafts and stuff. Really chilled out atmosphere, friendly vibe etc. I just got my tickets for this year - can't wait. Unfortunately, I don't have a camper van so just staying in a tent, but it's just like any other festival in that respect, just that the camper vans look cool in one of the fields and they're not miles away like they are in Electric Picnic.

Re cost - the 85 euro weekend camping covers everything - no extra charge for anything, just bring your own beer and you can buy food there.

Also, if you look at their website there's a section which tells you about kids' stuff which is on, looks pretty decent.

http://www.vantastival.com/kids.html

Yippee, can't wait for summer festival season to start. I'm so excited.

Kate

I wonder is is possible to just but tickets for the Sunday and stay in the campervan carpark on the Sat night,,ie would you need to show admission tickets for the Saturday to be allowed into the campsite on the Saturday evening,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kate29

If it's the same as last year, then I'd say you can't do that. Last year, there was a carpark for cars where you parked, then got your tickets and went through security with your campervan to the main festival site. As far as I remember there wasn't any security division between the campervan camp site and the main arena, so I don't think you'd be able to get in on the saturday night without tickets. Unless, you managed to park in the car carpark which is outside the festival - but that probably wouldn't be much fun.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Was there last year and had a ball. Got my ticket already for this year. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Wondering if I'll have the van finished by then, I'd like to take the family for a trip up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

I went last year, and had a ball! One of the nicest, most chilled festivals I've been to in along time. Was with a large group of fellow VW campervan owners...and whilst I don't have kids, the kids in our group looked like they had as much fun as we did.

Can't wait for this year's Vantastival! Only 25 sleeps to go! :D
    Yea it sounds and looks good allright,,,,just a quick one but im assumeing the 85euro camping ticket includes entrance into the gigs and all,and not just the campsite..And would anyone know if you would be allowed to run a generator on site as there will be no hookups,,,,,thanks

The 85 ticket includes camping. The camping area is inside the festival area, adjacent to the stage areas - unlike other festivals where you're parked/camped a few fields away.

I wonder is is possible to just but tickets for the Sunday and stay in the campervan carpark on the Sat night,,ie would you need to show admission tickets for the Saturday to be allowed into the campsite on the Saturday evening,,,

You won't be able to park in the campervan area with a day ticket, so highly unlikely you could do this. As I said above, the camping section is within the festival area.

Just fork out for proper weekend tickets, you won't regret it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭irishllanaber

Thanks everyone for your input. But on reflection I think 170 euro is a bit too much to pay out at the moment.

It does seem Dear dosnt it........
    Or are we just getting to old and senseable,when you hear what the youngesters pay for the likes of Oxygen and stuff,its probably cheapish,,,but then again none of these acts are what you would call top billing performers,,,,i know i havnt heard of many of them anyway,,,,it would be more for the athmosphere and kids entertainment that i would be considering attending,,,

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

What really makes this special is BRING YOUR OWN BEER. I'll spend more money on petrol getting to this than on what I'll spend on beer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

kikel wrote: »
    What really makes this special is BRING YOUR OWN BEER. I'll spend more money on petrol getting to this than on what I'll spend on beer. :D
    Think they are realistic - how could they stop you

Advertisement