Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3DS StreetPass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

I got xenoblade! I don't want it. Tradesies??

Got Zelda as well but would much prefer big bloody robots!
    Not paying actual money for the new streetpass games unless I move next door to P&D...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Updated and tried to visit the shop but it crashed on me. Anyone able to give a brief description of the new games?

Edit: Read a description of all the games just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

robman60 wrote: »
    Updated and tried to visit the shop but it crashed on me. Anyone able to give a brief description of the new games?

Here you go: :)
    Streetpass Squad is like Streetpass Quest. Takes place in space. Battle the Gold Bone Gang.
    Streetpass Garden. You move in to a house in Leafington and try to become a Master Gardener, under the tutelage of Mr Mendel. Grow flowers and decorate your garden.
    Streetpass Battle. Game of strategy and luck. Rule a remote country in a wartorn land. Your butler, Wentworth, helps you build an army via Streetpass to battle other generals. Ultimate goal to conquer the world!
    Streetpass Mansion. Spooky paranormal investigation. You’re a detective trying to solve the mystery of a haunted house, helped by your assistant Ella Mentree. You work to uncover truth with the help of people you meet inside. Battle enemies to reach the top floor.

They're €4.99 each, I think, and €14.99 if you get the bundle of 4 together (1 is free by buying them that way).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

crazy expensive, but streetpassing is addictive enough to make me consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Here you go: :)
    Streetpass Mansion. Spooky paranormal investigation. You’re a detective trying to solve the mystery of a haunted house, helped by your assistant Ella Mentree. You work to uncover truth with the help of people you meet inside. Battle enemies to reach the top floor.

we have already have Luigi's mansion dark moon we dont need Streetpass version of it

• Advertisement

I still haven't been able to access the shop. Freezing once I select one of the games every time, forcing the system to shut down.

Does anyone know if you can use each Mii you StreetPass in every game? Or are you limited in the number of games you can play with each character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

jaydoxx wrote: »
    crazy expensive, but streetpassing is addictive enough to make me consider it.

I think for me it'll depend on whether a streetpass hit needs the software on their 3ds for you to use them in your new games. If they don't, I'm getting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Okay! How do we trade a puzzle panel though?! :pac: Oh, maybe we can get new panels now via streetpass, without having to receive them first via spotpass from the Nintendo Powers That Be. I'm loving all the new additions to the plaza, loads of new accomplishments and outfits along with new panels and games. Yay! :)

Yar when you streetpass someone you can take a piece from their panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

Just when I finally got all the hats....after playing through Streetpass Quest 2 about 10 times over a solid year......after just two weeks of completionist ecstasy......Nintendo releases 4 new Streetpass games with 170 new hats.

This is my Everest!

I was out today with 2 different 3ds's. Returned home and had a green light on both. One new hit. I assumed it was the same person but no, 2 completely different people. Huh? I dunno how that happened.

On a positive point I've managed to start the Xenoblade, Luigi U and Skyward Sword puzzles :)

• Advertisement

the streetpass puzzle panels Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword the Xenoblade Chronicles to get thems one user has puzzles pierce for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

The only new puzzle I've managed to start is the 'Heroines' one. I want me some Xenoblade or Skyward Sword!

Just when I finally got all the hats....after playing through Streetpass Quest 2 about 10 times over a solid year......after just two weeks of completionist ecstasy......Nintendo releases 4 new Streetpass games with 170 new hats.

This is my Everest!

I was one hat away. 72/73 and gathering 10 play coins almost every day, and then this monster update! :rolleyes:
    gubbie wrote: »
    I was out today with 2 different 3ds's. Returned home and had a green light on both. One new hit. I assumed it was the same person but no, 2 completely different people. Huh? I dunno how that happened.

Each console can only connect with one 3DS at a time, so by the time the first hit had completed, you were gone out of range, meaning the hit with the second console couldn't take place.

5 streetpasses today and passed 200 streetpasses overall :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    we have already have Luigi's mansion dark moon we dont need Streetpass version of it

Oh. :eek: Okay.

Got a piece of New Super Mario Bros U + New Super Luigi U. Talk about the most longwinded name ever for a puzzle. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Got an SP on the way to work. The guy only had 1 puzzle piece.... and it was the piece I needed to finish the Metroid puzzle (for the 3rd time) - RESULT!

Interestingly, his region was "Ireland" which registered as a new region for me... I'm not saying I don't want the achievement, but he's hardly the first Irish Mii I've encountered.

Also, did you notice the big "Update" button in Mii Plaza? Scroll the far left! I've just updated mine and it's fixed the hanging issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I tried that around 8am this morning with no luck, I'll try again shortly! :D

i got other update for the Streetpass i hope they fixed the bugs so we have no bugs this time arounds

and 3 Streetpass hits on my 3ds

I got the update and bought the games. Only they're not downloading :mad: They get to about 20% and then I get a not connecting to the Internet error. Any advice?

Last one got to 63%

• Advertisement

I got the update and bought the games. Only they're not downloading :mad: They get to about 20% and then I get a not connecting to the Internet error. Any advice?

Last one got to 63%

try again or could something that u are too far the router, because i did it my same room that my router is in

Last one got to 63%

Gubbie, I haven't bought them yet and won't until next week since I blew more than my gaming budget on a few eshop games but is it similar in how you can choose whether to download now or in sleep mode? Because personally, sleep mode downloads never work for me. It can go up to 90% and just not continue, which was annoying as hell with big games like DKCR and MH3U so I always use the download now option. Again I don't know if you get that option though :\

try again or could something that u are too far the router, because i did it my same room that my router is in

Thanks for the advice. It has been about 2 metres away for my last 6 attempts. I also turned off all other devices bar the computer when I was trying. It's really annoying :(

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Gubbie, I haven't bought them yet and won't until next week since I blew more than my gaming budget on a few eshop games but is it similar in how you can choose whether to download now or in sleep mode? Because personally, sleep mode downloads never work for me. It can go up to 90% and just not continue, which was annoying as hell with big games like DKCR and MH3U so I always use the download now option. Again I don't know if you get that option though :\

Unfortunately not-it's just a case of download now.

This is it stuck at 13%
    f5b76fd6bb7a4600c83d61ffd3fe3f64_zps8f13fd1f.jpg

I've never had a problem before. It was slow downloading in the past and I have no problem with online gaming but this ain't working for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I got the invite to the Galway meet up thing there on facebook, I'll actually be in Galway that day by chance, and get out of my appointment at 3 when the meet up starts so will turnip if I can, despite not having even turned on my 3ds this year :o Is it somebody from here that's organised it? Link here if it hasn't already been discussed in the thread somewhere https://www.facebook.com/events/563035797079856/

plus i got a new piece for heriones

Unfortunately not-it's just a case of download now.

This is it stuck at 13%

I've never had a problem before. It was slow downloading in the past and I have no problem with online gaming but this ain't working for me

Tbh considering the ridiculous state of Nintendo's Online competence, I'd put it down to a problem on their side. Send them an e-mail about it

fewtins wrote: »
    I got the invite to the Galway meet up thing there on facebook, I'll actually be in Galway that day by chance, and get out of my appointment at 3 when the meet up starts so will turnip if I can, despite not having even turned on my 3ds this year :o Is it somebody from here that's organised it? Link here if it hasn't already been discussed in the thread somewhere https://www.facebook.com/events/563035797079856/

Good stuff, I'm the organiser. Jaydoxx posted it on facebook.
    The topic is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056965727

Try to make it if you can, there are a good few people here who've already said they're attending, so come along for a while anyway!

Meetup topic is here: http://www.meetup.com/Nintendo3DS/Galway-IE/966862/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got 3 hits today including 1 white one which means I can finally progress in streetpass quest. Of course all my special miis are now wasted

• Advertisement

Got two hits today while doing a bucket collection! It gave me the first opportunity to play the new games, and they're quite fun from what I've seen so far. I'm not keen on StreetPass mansion, just seems a little poorly thought out and limited in playability, but the others are entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I had my 3DS in town with me all last week in and out of work and didn't get a single StreetPass hit. I used to get a few in and around Pearse Street train station. Shame. I still have yet to beat the StreetPass quest because I don't hire Miis to play it. And I've had the 3DS since launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Been here in Japan for the last week and only remembered to turn on my 3DS XL while in my bag with me. Had 25 hits in 1 day in Tokyo :) If only I had turned it on when I got here last week!!

Other than other mii's appearing on my plaza does gathering Streetpass people do anything else?

lafors wrote: »
    Other than other mii's appearing on my plaza does gathering Streetpass people do anything else?

Yes, you can use each mii as a fighter in StreetPass quest, and gather puzzle pieces that they've collected through puzzle swap.

Got another new puzzle panel today, Dillon's Rolling Western. I'm never going to get all these pink pieces! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can you get a puzzle piece, a SPQ 1/2 fighter AND a "new SP game" person out of every hit?

Banjo wrote: »
    Can you get a puzzle piece, a SPQ 1/2 fighter AND a "new SP game" person out of every hit?

Yup, every SP hit gives you a person in the puzzles, Street Pass Quest, and each of the new games too.

• Advertisement

I love the new games. So interactive and fun. Loving the new hats and outfits too :D

i was trying buy streetpass squad but it froze my 3ds again why

error code 005-4040

i was trying buy streetpass squad but it froze my 3ds again why

error code 005-4040

Go to the first screen in Streetpass, scroll over to the very left and check if there is a new update available for you.

Go to the first screen in Streetpass, scroll over to the very left and check if there is a new update available for you.

i did what you said and other error code

i did what you said and other error code

You can input your error code into the Nintendo website and see if there's any solutions.

• Advertisement

i did update for second time and it said hmmmm! you already have all updates done so far, wow now i can buy them

Good to hear you got sorted Wampy, enjoy, they're much more involved and fun than the previous Streetpass Plaza games!

I didn't get a Dillons Rolling Western puzzle, I got a "Heroines" one. I've got one piece and no idea who it is...

Oh I also sorted out my downloading problem-downloaded at a friend's house instead

I didn't get a Dillons Rolling Western puzzle, I got a "Heroines" one. I've got one piece and no idea who it is...

Oh I also sorted out my downloading problem-downloaded at a friend's house instead

I believe that the heroines one was via the recent update, whereas the Dillons Rolling Western one came via spot pass today.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Was up in Swords and Streetpassed 3 people. Aaron and Stephanie, sorry can't remember the third.

Ordered stuff from all your homes in Animal Crossing!

I believe that the heroines one was via the recent update, whereas the Dillons Rolling Western one came via spot pass today.

i believe heronines is few of female characters of nintendo videogames such as metroid, Bayonetta, P.N.03, etc.

Got another... a donkey kong country returns one. But it's a smaller one, 24 piece (4 pink)

Got another... a donkey kong country returns one. But it's a smaller one, 24 piece (4 pink)

ive donkey kong country returns completed

ive donkey kong country returns completed

Ah I know what it is! I don't have all the panals. Duh me

Good to hear the games arent cheap cashgrabs, Streetpass is really more a selling point than glasses free 3D :L

• Advertisement
Advertisement