Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3DS StreetPass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

you right there the streetpass games arent cheap, they are €4.99 each, but combo pack is €14.99

ive just started panel Xenoblade Chronicles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got 7 hits today during my lunch hour, and 3 more in the evening, including my first hit from Massachusetts and a girl whose last software was Michael Jackson The Experience 3D. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Up to 67 people now, got 12 in about 5 minutes in shinagawa station this morning. Should have had it in my bag the whole time I was here :o And what was cool was that I got some random guy twice a few days apart :) that's pretty hard to do here.
    Got loads of regions from here now too. Pity I'm going home today. I'd be lucky to get 1 hit a month in Dublin!

i got 5 hits today during gay pride parade plus a 3ds update

i got 4 hits today and ghost mii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

I didn't think dublin pride woulda brought out many 3DSs so I left it at home, that strategy was obviously the wrong one when I realised that I partied through 30,000 people haha

Got 4 streetpasses today, still need a white shirt for my replay of Streetpass quest 1 :\

parades always bring big crowds especially dublin zombie walk i always get more then 10 hits every year through the dublin zombie walk in august

Yeah I just wrongly assumed no gays would be out with their 3DSs, it's like going to a festival with a 200 euro device. Not the most sensible thing to do :p

• Advertisement

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Yeah I just wrongly assumed no gays would be out with their 3DSs, it's like going to a festival with a 200 euro device. Not the most sensible thing to do :p

who going notice you ive have one if you never show you have on you, none gays will have theirs and some gays may have one, how did you think i go 5 that day

Oh trust me I'm not worried about being robbed, I just can't guarantee I won't ever slip, trip or somehow inadvertently break my 3DS that has an embarrassingly large amount of retail games downloaded onto it. I haven't made use of the new save file backup manager thing we got in that last update you see.

its very unlikely u get robbed in dublin

Well I'm not so sure about that, a lot of my friends have had phones and Ipods etc just snatched from their hands on busy streets, but that wasn't my point. My point was it's easy to break, and much easier in a crowd of drinking revelers that you might see at a festival or parade, nevermind the fact that I was drinking too! :p

i dont drink

ive just purchase all StreetPass games for €14.99 and 4 new hats

• Advertisement

i got 6 hits in the odeon today

The sun's out bai, 4 SPs today!

One Mii's dream was to get married. I Know. I got sick in my mouth too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I got six hits today in Galway. Put up some posters for next week's meet up too!

These plaza tickets are difficult to gather...

About half-way through my trip to tokyo, and I've been getting hits constantly - I do mean constantly, so many that I've lost count! Got about 40 on my first day, thought that was pretty amazing, then I visited Tokyo Disneyland the day after that - must have gotten over 150 hits there. Yeah. Waiting in lines for the rides gave me a chance to clear the plaza and allow more Miis through, the green light was blinking non-stop.

The other day, I was shopping in Akihabara and must have stumbled upon a meet-up when I went to take a break outside a cafe. Noticed a girl with a pink/white one, thought to myself, cool! Then looked around, started noticing another fella with one, then another, then another... Got over 30 hits there alone, including 7 within the same minute! They had every version of 3DS going, including one guy with that super-exclusive Eevee LL version.

Also got at least 10-15 repeat hits, I wonder if I'll meet them one more time and maybe I'd get a fantastic rating from them? :)

i got 4 hits today through city centre, plus 1st puzzle piece for legend skyward swords, pink rare puzzle piece for Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger

• Advertisement

2 more plaza tickets

A new puzzle panel landed this morning before I left Tokyo - Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. And just when I thought I was finished collecting puzzle pieces for a while! :)

A new puzzle panel landed this morning before I left Tokyo - Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. And just when I thought I was finished collecting puzzle pieces for a while! :)

everytime theres a new game for 3ds by nintendo there usual puzzle panel for it

i got 6 yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had my first go at actively looking for street passes yesterday. Brought my 3DS to Dublin (City Centre, Ikea, Liffey Valley). Got 8 hits altogether. I can see how this might get addictive. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got two at the street festival in Merrion square, Dublin yesterday. Was expecting more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got around 15/16 in Galway yesterday! :D
    Lots of fun was had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got zero in Dublin city centre today, very surprising really, I guess most people are leaving them at home over the weather.

i got 4 yesterday through jervis st and henry st dublin and new piece for new super mario bros u and new super luigi u and 3 floor finish in streetpass mansion, 3 countries conquered in streetpass battle, 4 plants planted in streetpass garden, 3 mission cleared in streetpass squad so far and 2 plaza tickets = 2 new hats to my collection

i got 1 today through city centre dublin and 3 floor finish in streetpass mansion, 3 countries conquered in streetpass battle, 1 visit to my garden in streetpass garden and 4 missions cleared in streetpass squad so far and 1 plaza tickets = 1 new hats to add to my collection, new piece for Xenoblade Chronicles panel

• Advertisement

here s a tip press x and to filter through the levels and pick high faster

what stroke of luck today i pay 10 coins and get 5 brand new pieces for 5 different panels

One bad thing about 3ds streetpass is your coin counter u keep resetting time and date after u walk 1000 steps too add another 10 coins on to ur counter they should an update it when u pass 1000 steps its automatically resets itself to collect more 10 coins and go pass 300 coins

i got 5 hits thanks to this Super Smash Bros tournament in goatstown dublin 14

10 hits yesterday, 1 in Clare and 9 in Galway when I was in town for like an hour! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Going to Japan in September, can't wait to see how many hits I will get.

I got 10 in Dublin over the last two days. Four yesterday and six today. None of them had any pink pieces for the M&L Dream Team puzzle unfortunately but I got a good few new pink pieces besides!

The Nintendo Zone StreetPass Relay system update has now become available. I wonder if this will actually help things here or if it'll be redundant given how few Nintendo Zones we seem to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Any word on how it works? Ie where and how the data is cached? and can it be spoofed?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Any word on how it works? Ie where and how the data is cached? and can it be spoofed?

This much I'd be interested to hear, as I know you can spoof the regular Nintendo Zones, but it'll be interesting to see if there's any way of spoofing the new Spotpass Relay systems, or making your own!

i walk around dublin city centre today for 3hrs and got 9 streetpass hits almost full house here amazing! probably same out this weekend when i dublin comic con

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i walk around dublin city centre today for 3hrs and got 9 streetpass hits almost full house here amazing! probably same out this weekend when i dublin comic con

Perhaps some of those are from Nintendo Zones? I got one today in McDonald's, no pink pieces and only a handful of blues but better than nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

robman60 wrote: »
    Perhaps some of those are from Nintendo Zones? I got one today in McDonald's, no pink pieces and only a handful of blues but better than nothing I suppose.

Is McDonald's a Nintendo Zone? I thought only Debenhams were

gubbie wrote: »

No, as far as I know they're not. I think I just got a regular StreetPass.

Edit: Not here anyway, in other countries they are.

gubbie wrote: »

i would never go to McDonald's i hate mc donalds and i went to gamestop at henry street, 2 streetpass hits were from my best friends that walk around with me today for about 2hrs up towards parnell street and back again we went into smyths toystore and toymaster then we walk through jervis centre then towards to forbidden planet then we took are department then went off to lunch to O'Connell st and then i walk to up grafton st to disney store and i walk to fleet to behind pearse street garda station to get number one bus home and

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hating McD's does not (to the best of my knowledge) shield you from their wireless networking signals. Were you wearing a tin foil hat? More importantly was the 3ds?

Your route took you directly past at least 3 different McDonaldii (what? It's the correct plural, look it up!) - ergo

1. The question stands, is McD's a Zone? I heard it was a Supermacs thing...

2. Subconsciously you clearly crave what our Dutch cousins call a Royale With Cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i would never go to McDonald's i hate mc donalds and i went to gamestop at henry street, 2 streetpass hits were from my best friends that walk around with me today for about 2hrs up towards parnell street and back again we went into smyths toystore and toymaster then we walk through jervis centre then towards to forbidden planet then we took are department then went off to lunch to O'Connell st and then i walk to up grafton st to disney store and i walk to fleet to behind pearse street garda station to get number one bus home and

I find parnell st the best place for streetpass hits! I go to Cineworld a lot, don't think I ever got less than 2 hits. One guy we passed a bunch of times, asked if we worked in Cineworld :p

Guys, got this from another site, but I don't understand how this would work exactly. Let me know your interpretation!
    It appears that "spoofing" a Nintendo Zone works perfectly well for cross-country/continent Streetpass relaying.
    Change your wifi router/stick/phone MAC address to a shared one.
    Change your router/stick/phone SSID to attwifi (or any other "good" Nintendo Zone ID)
    Close your 3DS in sleep mode.

Now, I've only gotten ONE Streetpass (out of three attempts), but others have gotten my streetpass data. When I rebooted the router after changing the MAC and SSID, it worked better. I'm suspicious there is still a time delay between Relay Streetpass attempts, though, as I can't connect to a point that others are.

This is culled from a thread over on GBATemp that someone else linked to here on NeoGAF.

If anyone wants to try this, we just need to pick a MAC address for the NeoGaf Virtual Relay...

So I guess we can create our own Nintendo Zones and exchange StreetPass data in the same way we exchange SpotPass data currently? If anyone understands this and would be willing to try I could serve as a guinea pig if you can tell me what to do!

Not too many routers have the option of changing the MAC address.

The "attwifi" Nintendo Zone SSID is only for the US. Here you have to set it up to be "_The Cloud"

My advice, don't go trying to change the MAC address on your router unless you know what you're doing with it!

21 hits thanks to dublin comic con national swords centre and 5 plaza tickets

• Advertisement
Advertisement