Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3DS StreetPass

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

efla wrote: »
    I use mine for gaming

L0ser n00b

StreetPass is the business :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

yesterday i got 6 street pass hits, in total amount is 283 street pass hits and 199 MII in the PLaza

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Last night my 18month old daughter cried when I told her I got no streepass hits yesterday. I tried to explain it was due to playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon but she wouldn't listen.

What will I do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

How attached to her are you and what age are you and your partner? Is it too late to start again and raise a new child that understands Nintendo fundamentals from day one?

Don't hang on to a dud!

(blows the mighty Horn of Balathor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    Last night my 18month old daughter cried when I told her I got no streepass hits yesterday. I tried to explain it was due to playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon but she wouldn't listen.

What will I do?

I'm afraid you will need to purchase a DS for her to ensure daily hits. You should also look into enrolling her in some sort of special technology preschool - no time to wait for formal education, she must learn the rudiments of operating handheld devices and basic computing.

Fire emblem might be pushing it however, better to start her on advance wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    What will I do?

Lie....plain and simple.

"I got a streetpass from Santa!"

Cue cuteness and eventual teenage resentment.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Decided to bring my 3DS to Dublin on Sunday (was seeing the Used)
    Met some guy from New York, 2 from Dublin + someone with no location :cool:

Also got the bassist + singer of The Used when i met them :P So jealous they were playing Kid Icarus recently though, i don't have it yet :pac:
    Not a bad result at all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I was inb Dublin yesterday and today but only managed two streetpasses excluding my friend. It was pretty disappointing seeing as we spent the entire day yesterday in busy parts of the city. It's also interesting that neither of the hits were before 4pm, even though I was probably in the busiest parts of the city between 11am and 2pm.

The weird thing, however, is that when we arrived back at the hotel we saw that each of us had met two different people. Makes no sense seeing as we were literally side by side for the whole time. The only explanation we could think of was that each system can only exchange data with one other system during a ~5 second window, meaning the other was out of range by the time the first streetpass had taken place.

Also, I left my charger in the hotel. :(:rolleyes:

Got a bunch of Streetpasses in Paris during the week.

I met Miis from France, Spain, Netherlands, Japan, Austria, UK, and Denmark!

One of the Japanese Miis I met had over 3000 Streetpass hits, and almost all puzzle pieces.

I'll probably be around some shops in Galway tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some more hits there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I streetpassed someone from the Limousin region yesterday (and got the 30 regions accomplishment), realized its where limousine derived its name from. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

Kildare seems to have no 3ds owners :( I've been in dublin 4 times the past couple of months and never brought my 3ds. I don't have any puzzle panels complete and I don't even have half of them. I use it to play games :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I streetpassed someone from the Limousin region yesterday (and got the 30 regions accomplishment), realized its where limousine derived its name from. :)

So jealous.

Streetpass rules my life. I've got 253 hits since Christmas. I have 229/385 puzzle pieces and the only pink pieces I'm missing are all the ones from the new Mario tennis puzzle.

It makes me so sad to see "Looks like he doesn't have any pieces for you." :(

Its the best thing about 3DS.

Now to make some real friends....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Kildare seems to have no 3ds owners :( I've been in dublin 4 times the past couple of months and never brought my 3ds. I don't have any puzzle panels complete and I don't even have half of them. I use it to play games :P

I have at least 12 Kildarians... and I make 13!
    Come to sunny Celbridge, we have a 24 hour Tesco and occasional streetpass hits!

@PrincessPeach : If they were your real friends they'd buy a 3DS and give you some Streetpass love!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭Nollog

How to troll a 3DS user:
    1. enable streetpass on a common game such as Mario Kart 7.
    2. disable streetpass for streetpass plaza.
    3. walk around with your 3DS.

Infuriated me the other day.

Nicely done. I'm nearing twenty right now, so I should get it soon. Us Irish are at an advantage given that we have 26 regions, compared with the whole of Britain which has four.

We'll be screwed when we get the map update along with the accomplishment "Met Mii characters from every region in your country".

I've only met Miis from counties Mayo, Galway, Meath, and Dublin. Anyone have an extensive list?

• Advertisement

How are ever gonna get that achievement? They don't even have electricity in most of Connaught, never mind 3ds'.

Maxed out on 10 hits today (and btw mr ^, all were from Galway, except one, from Roscommon ;)). Met someone from Florida the other day, and got my first Australian hit too, from Tazmania!! :pac:

Maxed out on 10 hits today (and btw mr ^, all were from Galway, except one, from Roscommon ;)). Met someone from Florida the other day, and got my first Australian hit too, from Tazmania!! :pac:
    Wow, maxing out in a single day in Galway? Most I've met in a day there has been five, and I only met one last time I was there!

Reveal your secrets! :pac:

Just did a lot of wandering about! Sometimes you'd get two or three in one spot (HMV is the place to be :)). Same happened last Sunday during the bank holiday weekend, and within a 2-hour timeframe too! Oh, and cycling seems to help, I'm pretty sure 3 or 4 of today's hits were while I was on the bike (from passing cars or buses, it definitely happens that way at least a few times a week while I'm on the way to town or the gym or something, I'd check it before and after a journey and being greeted with a little green light is an absolute delight!). :)

Just did a lot of wandering about! Sometimes you'd get two or three in one spot (HMV is the place to be :)). Same happened last Sunday during the bank holiday weekend, and within a 2-hour timeframe too! Oh, and cycling seems to help, I'm pretty sure 3 or 4 of today's hits were while I was on the bike (from passing cars or buses, it definitely happens that way at least a few times a week while I'm on the way to town or the gym or something, I'd check it before and after a journey and being greeted with a little green light is an absolute delight!). :)
    That's amazing, seeing as that's the day I only got one. :(
    I must have been around the city for about four hours, too. Speaking of HMV, I haven't encountered the Apoc or HMV Miis in ages...

• Advertisement

APOC???

I met him at Heuston once :eek:

robman60 wrote: »
    Speaking of HMV, I haven't encountered the Apoc or HMV Miis in ages...

They're back! They were gone for a while it seems but they've been active again for the past few weeks, anytime I'm there I usually meet both of them instantly. They've got all the special puzzle pieces that I have now (and I'm pretty sure they received them from me first ;), I got a lot of pink pieces during a holiday in San Fran and have been seeding them ever since).

They're back! They were gone for a while it seems but they've been active again for the past few weeks, anytime I'm there I usually meet both of them instantly. They've got all the special puzzle pieces that I have now (and I'm pretty sure they received them from me first ;), I got a lot of pink pieces during a holiday in San Fran and have been seeding them ever since).
    Awesome to know they're back! Both of those guys had an excellent selection of puzzle pieces.

I'm missing somewhere in the region of thirty pink pieces, so I had better up my streetpassing rate. :pac:

The only pink pieces I'm missing are the ones from Mario Tennis. Have all the rest :cool:

Yeah the HMV and Apoc Miis are great for helping me defeat those golems and marauding mummies in the streetpass quest (nearly through the secret quest for the third time, it's great fun finding new hats, got a cool bear one yesterday), and the odd puzzle piece (though i have all of theirs already, i supplied them with most of the pink pieces too). When we cross paths again, you should receive a fantastic rating from me. ;) We should organise a streetpass meet-up actually, not that it's really necessary anyway since Galway is the streetpass capital of Ireland, oh yeah. :pac:

The proposed meetup in Dublin hasn't had much activity lately, so maybe we could get a meetup organised in Galway? It would be pretty cool to meet the people behind the usernames! :p

I'll be finished school next week, so sometime around the end of the month would suit well, although exams for others go well into June.

This is slightly OT, so I guess we should keep it to PMs from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

dublin 4 wont work

city centre dublin where is the action is use, i get u to 5 a day every time i walk through the city dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    dublin 4 wont work

city centre dublin where is the action is use, i get u to 5 a day every time i walk through the city dublin

I think he said dublin 4 times, not dublin 4, times.

Maxed out again today, that's three weekends in a row! I actually got 11 hits because I received MK7 data half an hour after the last mii plaza hit. 3ds owners were out in force - Galway is on streetpass fire! :D

Anyone finish the Beat the Beat Rhythm Paradise panel? Got the last puzzle piece I needed for that - the wrestler is hilarious, and obscene! :pac:

What's the deal with the pink puzzle pieces?

• Advertisement

What's the deal with the pink puzzle pieces?

They can only be received through a streetpass with someone who has a few of them. The other pieces can be got randomly by using play coins. Pink pieces are the hardest to get, so anytime you streetpass someone who has them, make sure to pick one of them instead of the ordinary pieces.

Got a streetpass while in GameStop in Castlebar two days ago, and I also passed one of those trolls who enabled streetpass for MK7, but not for Mii plaza. :mad:

Ruined my day, that did. :pac:

I should be around Galway city for a while tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I'll get some pink pieces! I'll definitely pick up Mario Tennis too!

^another possibility for the mk7 hit but no mii plaza hit could be that their mii plaza had reached the 10 mark, happened me last Saturday, just got mk7 data because my mii plaza was already full. (did this happen last Saturday actually? could of been me. :pac:)
    oh, make sure to visit hmv, got 3 hits there today, after just popping in for a minute!

No, I haven't been in Galway for a couple of weeks, so it couldn't have been you.

I'll be sure to call to HMV, hopefully I'll meet the Apoc and HMV Miis and anything else would be a bonus! If you're around town between 2:30 and 3:30 I may pass you too. :P

Shucks, I'll be working, but I'll be dropping by at lunchtime, around 1:30. Wanted to send you a fantastic rating. ;)

Shucks, I'll be working, but I'll be dropping by at lunchtime, around 1:30. Wanted to send you a fantastic rating. ;)

Agh, I'll probably be around in the coming weeks even if I don't pass you tomorrow.

*Makes plans to stalk Wolverine359's workplace :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Get a room you two!!! ;):p

got 8 hits in town while I was on my lunchbreak today! Met 2 Bavarians who had over 2500 hits between them, they had Every puzzle piece. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

In London yesterday, got one in Stansted yesterday morning. then got 3 while at a music festival.....Then at 3am last night i got a repeat hit from one of the 3 i got at the music festival....that was kinda weird....very weird! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I got my first Street Pass last weekend. I normally have it on. Been around Cork city, into UCC but never got a hit. Was starting to think it was broken. Then 3 hours out in Dun Laoghaire I got a hit. Do Cork people not like the 3ds?!

I got a StreetPass yesterday while in Westport which is really rare even though I nearly always have it with me around town...

I unexpectedly ended up going to Galway this evening, and I got two hits there. I got seven hits while there on the same day last week, so it's interesting how much it varies.

Slowly approaching 100 hits now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I managed to get 8 yesterday. Most I've got in one day so far. Was at the 2D festival in Derry.

Just finished the Kid Icarus puzzle panel, the 3D action in it is Awesome!! :D Just need 9 more pieces to finish all the puzzles (376/385, just need one more for MK7 and 8 for mario tennis).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have been getting very few Streetpass hits lately in Dublin. In the past three weeks I've only had one hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

Been on a weeks holiday with the family in Clifden and spent most of the time going to a load of "play centres" (bouncy castles, mazes, etc) and pet farms so my son can run around in circles for a few hours and tire himself out before bed.

As a result though, I've had loads of hits from kids on school tours and others being out with their parents. :)

Only bad thing is, hardly any of them had any puzzle pieces I didn't have :(

• Advertisement

robman60 wrote: »
    I got a StreetPass yesterday while in Westport which is really rare even though I nearly always have it with me around town..

Who was it? First name basis around town on 3ds :P

Who was it? First name basis around town on 3ds :P

Mii's name was Malone. The only other people I've met in Westport have been you and someone named Meg.

Still trying to convince my friends to get 3DSes. :rolleyes:

I've just streetpassed someone with the last puzzle piece i needed to complete my collection of all 385 pieces, yay!! :D now to wait for the inevitable NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario: Sticker Star puzzles to come on stream...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you're looking for more to collect, there's now the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games virtual card collection to complete. Can download the app for free from the eShop

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you're looking for more to collect, there's now the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games virtual card collection to complete. Can download the app for free from the eShop

Sounds good, will have to keep up the streetpassing so! :) come to Galway guys, the Volvo Ocean Race is fantastic for getting hits!

• Advertisement
Advertisement