Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia C7 WLAN for Ovi\Videos etc

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

Just got a Nokia C7. Quite happy with it. But it doesn't seem to let me use the WLAN connection for certain things, like accessing the OVI store or youtube.
    I've set Data use to WLAN only and then get "cannot access server" type messages when I try to use them. WLAN works fine for regular web page stuff.
    Does any one know if this is a Nokia problem or Vodafone trying to get more cash?

Cheers,
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

The ovi store cannot be accessed via wlan on the vodafone-branded C7. The idea is that you buy content and pay for it through your phone bill/prepay credit. For that you need to access the ovi store through the vf live! AP.
    Still, I'm with you, on other Nokias you can browse OVI via wlan. But on the C7 there's no way to change the access point, which is naughty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

hm...
    Thanks. Odd. I failed. I tried that and I even deleted the live AP to no avail...
    Will reset, and start over ;)

Thanks, Captain...
    I had given up. But I just factory reset, and now the conn manager 'remembers' my new defaults. What an odd glitch ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 mulphisto

Hi,

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I've got my phone set up as follows- Connectivity-> Settings-Destinations->Internet my WLAN as priority 1 and Vodaphone MISP as priority2.
    Maybe I need to do the same in WAP? I'll try later.
    Where did you guys change this?

Thanks,
    B

Ah Ha!
    Didn't know about that default connection stuff.
    So I should have internet as default connection and not WAP?
    That's great, I'll try later at home.
    Thanks a million.
    B

Great, thanks again.
    The whole data plan on Vodafone pre pay is another mystery right now too but that's for another days research\posting!

• Advertisement

Advertisement