Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Gmail App or Mail App

• 29-03-2011 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

With my desire hd - I love everything about it.

However, the Gmail app is giving me a pain. It seems to sync emails whenever it wants. On a good day it will sync emails usually 10 - 15minutes after I get it in my inbox. Then for example last night, i just pressed refresh and their was 4 emails.

With the standard mail app, emails come in straight away.

Anyone else have this isssue, or does anyone actually prefer the standard mail app over the gmail app.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

K9 Mail is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Is the Gmail one not push email? and the other time set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

I've the Desire. Currently running CyanogenMod 7RC3, but have had many firmwares no it over the last year.
    No matter what firmware, I've been used to the gmail app on the phone alerting me to new mail a few seconds before it shows up in the actual gmail browser view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

No problems on mine either I get emails straight away.

Check settings and make sure you have auto sync turned on and there's also a sync button on the power widget.

I never bother with the normal mail app, only thing it adds is copy and paste function.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The gmail apps on my Desire connected via 3g and my Galaxy tab connected via wifi tend to both beep at me for new email coming in within a second of each other. Generally takes a bit longer before the new message appears in the desktop browser version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    On a good day it will sync emails usually 10 - 15minutes after I get it in my inbox. Then for example last night, i just pressed refresh and their was 4 emails..

This happens to me too, but I always assumed it was an issue with Meteor 3G, because when I got a HTC Magic, and asked customer care about Gmail and Twitter, the connection didn't support it, so even though it has since been fixed; every time there is a problem with connections I just put it down to Meteor.

I don't know if that's the actual reason though, it could be just me..

What network are you on as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

Meteor. Have been for years.
    Something not being "supported" often means they're not going to give you support on that feature, not that it's not technically supported by the network.

Advertisement