Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy laminate with free fitting?

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi there, just bought an apartment in Adamstown and it needs flooring. I'm looking for a good deal on laminate throughout. I would give my left nut for hardwood but I have two dogs and I just can't take the destruction..! (I love wood)

There should be someone willing to do free fitting? I mean it's a recession, right?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place..!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

dannyluvsu wrote: »
    Hi there, just bought an apartment in Adamstown and it needs flooring. I'm looking for a good deal on laminate throughout. I would give my left nut for hardwood but I have two dogs and I just can't take the destruction..! (I love wood)

There should be someone willing to do free fitting? I mean it's a recession, right?

Eh, do you mean that wherever you buy the flooring from should offer a free fitting service or that some random bloke should just do it for the karma points?

I really doubt anyone would offer a free fitting service on laminate. Maybe on mad expensive hardwoods but not laminate.

Edit - Wouldn't mind being prooved wrong by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

free fitting is a myth.

Price will include the fitting cost if free fitting is offered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

So you expect a person to come into your house and do the work for free??

Eh no thats not how it works.

When a price says "including fitting" or "free fitting" then that means the cost of fitting is factored into the price of the product.Its not free fitting

Thats how it works and no one is going to come and actually work/fit it for free,recession or no recession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Go to Bargaintown or Des Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

The only person to do free fitting is yourself, but fitting laminated is not too difficult if you have a few basic tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dannyluvsu

Ok, fair enough. We've established that the whole free fitting thing is a load of rubbish and will most likely be factored into the total cost even if it is advertised as free.

Are Des Kelly & Bargaintown competitive? Or are they fairly firm on pricing?

Any other suggestions?

Cheers for your replies lads, keep them coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ok, fair enough. We've established that the whole free fitting thing is a load of rubbish and will most likely be factored into the total cost even if it is advertised as free.

Are Des Kelly & Bargaintown competitive? Or are they fairly firm on pricing?

Any other suggestions?

Cheers for your replies lads, keep them coming!

you might get some cheap flooring in there but quality just might not be in it

depends which is in the selection like

what sort of area are you planning on covering

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dannyluvsu

Well it's a one floor apartment and we'd be covering the hall, two bedrooms and one large living area. Roughly around 90 square meters.

Advertisement