Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiff Files & Printing

• 29-03-2011 9:44am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Used a voucher about 2 years ago with one of the more expensive studio firms - V - and got a great framed pic.

Good thing is that a cousin knew the photographer and he gave us a dvd with all the other pics on it - super.

They are all 6-20mb files - so great quality - but are TIFF files.
    In most self service shops - the machines only recognise Jpeg's

so where can I get good quality prints done -on-line would be great.
    Or do I convert thr tiff files to jpeg's ?

7*5 's and slightly bigger.

Thanks

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

If you convert them to the highest resolution jpeg (and only do it once - don't save from jpeg to jpeg) then you shouldn't have an issue with them at all. Are they 16bit tiffs? You could also try bringing them down to 8 bit, as some printers don't seem to like the 16 bit ones.

If you want good quality, stay well clear of the self service units. They're rubbish. Where are you located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

oh, and you need to be sure you're allowed to print them. I'm sure if he gave you such large files on dvd then you're grand, but you could be breaking the law, and most labs will ask when they see pro quality stuff.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Thanks

I am in Navan but Dublin is good too.
    Do any of ye use an on-line printing service or are they just the same as a self-service shop - print quality wise.

I will convert them and see how they turn out.

never even though of the second part. Will enquire from cousin.

Thanks

K

Advertisement