Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants House Insurance

Options
  • 29-03-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi

Recently moved into a new home, in the midst of losing my job. Have yet to get Rent Allowance sorted. Was just wondering if anyone can recommend some reliable companies for Tenants Insurance. The landlord has the house insured but only for his contents.
    And does anyone know if there is anything offered from Social Welfare to help pay for the insurance?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

You post would probaly be more suited in Soc-Accomadation and Property forum :) in regards to the best option for contents insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

In regards to the SW helping out with the Insurance, this would probaly be unlikely, you could apply to your Local Community Welfare officer for a Exceptional Needs payment. But weather they give you that or not, would be up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

There is no payment from Social Welfare for House Insurance, but check with your community welfare officer.
    I will move your thread to accommodation and property where you will probably get more help in relation to companies to try for the insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    I rent and have my contents insured by FBD - paid E72 last year for our contents.

When you search looks for "contents only" insurance, rather than "house insurance"

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Thanks Fran!

• Advertisement
Advertisement