Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belkin router ??

• 29-03-2011 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

not sure if right place but need help before i bounce the whole lot out the window.

have broadband in house, have been using a belkin f6d4230-4 router and it has been fine however, the last two days , cant use internet.

am getting local access only, so laptop is connecting to belkin router but not to the internet, when i use cable to connect laptop to modem it works , when i connect it to router it works but why the f can i not connect with cable, this is driving me spare as trying to get some business stuff set up and being in my sons room where the wireless connection is does not suit

any help would be great, am okay working with computers but cannot find a solution !

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    when i use cable to connect laptop to modem it works , when i connect it to router it works but why the f can i not connect with cable,

You need to clarify what you mean here. You say it works when cabled to the router, but you can't get it working with a cable to the router. Which is it?

If the problem is your wireless connection, then change the channel to a different one. Use InSSIDer to determine free channels.

The router could also just be broken, in which case you can't do anything but replace it. Get something that isn't a Belkin, they are without a doubt the worst networking gear you can get.

Advertisement