Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cam Corder Cassettes

Options
  • 29-03-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

I am probably in the wrong place BUT, does anyone know anyone who can transfer cam corder cassettes onto dvd for me? i dont know what sort they are either? but they are small and i know they are 2 different brands. i have no way to play them and no way to show my kids what is on them and would love to see them.

anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

thanks but no as
    1. the link no longer works
    2. its a cam-cordrer tape not a video tape

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

A picture of the tape could help here. I used to do this a while back. Can do 8mm & 8mm digital camcorder tapes. What brand is the camcorder and approx what year was it bought also might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 henrygoggins

is it mini dv? is their any writing on the tape, it should say what it is. you will have to transfer the footage off the tape into a video program. From their you can pretty much convert it to whatever you like.

the thing is to find out what medium the tape is and then find a camera to load it into so you can convert the footage

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

sorry not having replied before now, and thank you for all the suggestions, i will get the tapes out tonight when i go home and let you know all the info i can get off them, as far as i can remember there are 2 different types of tapes that i have. if i cant get info i will take a photo and post.... will do that when i get home from work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement