Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed new enrollment policy for LCC/CCC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

suey71 wrote: »
    Does that mean I'll have to send my kids to Blakestown?

Well Blakestown out did Coolmine last year in terms of Leaving Cert results and has a lot of resources, having had family members in Coolmine, Blakestown is not that bad of a choice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I really feel that people are missing the main thing here!

We have a new school in the Dublin 15 area. IMO this is a fantastic thing :)

CCC has far to many kid as it is and they need to put rules in place, what ever way they change the policy there is going to be some people that are not happy.

LCC is a great school, just because its new do not mean that its not got a great future :) Cos it has

Im just happy to see another school in the area :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I think your right.

I'd say people are a little nervous of sending their kids to a school with no track record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Gaspode wrote: »
    Really is time to get rid of the 'Parish' notion for catchments. It should be done on proximity to the school.

That only suits if the school is in the middle of the catchment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

BostonB wrote: »
    That only suits if the school is in the middle of the catchment.

But cant the school just be designated as the middle of the catchment?
    Depending on it's location and proximity to other schools the diameter of it's catchment can be adjusted accordingly.

• Advertisement

While a virtual location makes sense to us. I think that would be a hard sell, for someone seeing one school as they walked to another they couldn't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

I don't support religion being used at all but aprently the COI category in CCC accounts for 2/3 puipls annually

There are probably going to be at least two more secondary schools in D15 in the next 2/3 years and Educate Together have begun campaigning for at least one of these to be and Educate Together secondary school

mmclo wrote: »
    I don't support religion being used at all but aprently the COI category in CCC accounts for 2/3 puipls annually....

I would seriously doubt that. Where did you get that from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

mmclo wrote: »
    I don't support religion being used at all but aprently the COI category in CCC accounts for 2/3 puipls annually
    If you mean "two thirds", I too doubt this.

A webpage on the school says that it has 175 pupils. At the Riverwood Residents Association meeting on the enrolment policy, someone mentioned that CCC takes 210 pupils per year. That is more that the total enrolment of the COI school.

So, where did you get that figure?
    Or does "2/3" mean "two or three"?

Ah 2 or 3 might be true, seems a bit low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

BostonB wrote: »
    Ah 2 or 3 might be true, seems a bit low.

Sorry two or three in the words of the principal. Think COI primary has ony one stream? Obviously there are other secondary options too.

COI is so small its insignificant to the total numbers. IMO.

Advertisement