Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend Architech

• 29-03-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I am looking for a good Architech in the limerick area. I have an existing cottage that i am planning on extending. Someone with good ideas to make use of the space i have. if you know of anyone or if you could recommend any one that would be great.
    Many thanks
    Kevin

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭patsyrockem

Hi there,

I am also looking for help in planning the dividing up of a large house and would like some help on how to make it work. It would probably need some reconstruction for a kitchen, toilets etc. I am based in west limerick.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Holla23

PM sent to both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I'm also looking for an architect in the Limerick area, to design a new self build.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 singlefarmer

Same here, looking for architect for cottage extension in Clare, all recommendations welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Holla23

PM sent to both

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I need to get some work done on a small semi in mid west Clare area ... I know nothing about building or construction and don't particularly want to learn to be honest ... just want the work done at reasonable cost.

House built about 25yrs so needs modernistion & definitely insulation (have some dampness). Probably wiring, plumbing & all that stuff. I don't think I need to extend as I feel I probably have adequate space but rooms are small, dark & I feel whole house is dismal & dreary. I'm starting to hate the bloody house. Sorry to be so vague.

1. Where do I start?
    2. Do I need an architect?
    3. If so anyone got a recommendation? PM if you prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,389 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Callan57 wrote: »
    3. If so anyone got a recommendation? PM if you prefer.
    Just to keep this separate and highlight the point - as per the forum charter all recommendations should be by PMs only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,389 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Callan57 wrote: »
    1. Where do I start?
    2. Do I need an architect?
    The 2 points can be grouped together. You can start by engaging a good architectural technician or architect or perhaps an engineer (they all have various roles and functions)

Sit down with your professional and discuss all the issues you have with the house and then get a few ideas together. From what you posted it appears to reasonably straight forward.

Advertisement