Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alison.com any use?

Options
  • 29-03-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Heard about this website that does free online courses and was just wondering had anybody tried it?

And would some of these courses look well on your CV?

I'm at level 8 in the national framework of qualificationjs with an honours degree in Business but I was looking to get some formal IT Training on my CV and was thinking of doing some of the courses advertised on Alison.com.

Would be grateful if anybody had any feedback in relation to this. Or any recommendations for a computer course part time in September that is broad ranging. Feel the need to upskill but don't want anything too exam heavy I have had 4 years of exams and kinda sick of them.

Thanks,
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MainShane

I've used Alison.com for few online computer/tech courses. The ones I did were really good -- a lot of other e-learning sites charge good money for pretty much the exact same thing. And they seemed to have a lot of other stuff besides tech classes. I think Alison started offering diplomas as well for completing a series of courses. I'd say they are great home study site to enhance one’s skills for personal gain or to make you more attractive to employers. If you want a complete degree you might have to look around some of the other distance learning sites tho.

Hope that's helpful.

Advertisement