Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me identify this subculture

• 29-03-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

For years I’ve seen women who look like they’ve spent hours on their appearance from the neck up, yet dress like joggers from the neck down. I’ve seen them mostly – but not exclusively - in affluent areas and they all seem to be students. I was speaking to some friends last night and we all concluded that while we’ve seen them we do not know to which social grouping they belong (i.e hipsters, skangers).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Rich students

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Mogs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Genus: Twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Chavs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Subculture implies some meaningful, cohesive social movement.

It's just rich kids wearing make-up and tracksuit bottoms. Enough to make AH cream its collective jocks but hardly a subculture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its fairly common with travellers as well. Perfectly done makeup that looks like it took hours and hair that looks like it was done in a salon, and a matching tracksuit that looks like it has never been worn.

Sometimes looks quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Sub standards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is this the D 4 equivalent of country girls in GAA gear and make up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

*throws hand signs*

Yo, they be urban bitches, boooooooooooooooy. Breaking the beats down with a flava from dee streets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Location Clondalkin, Answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Thanks for the responses, I do find any mass uniform like this a bit unsettling.
    No1J wrote: »
    Location Clondalkin, Answer.
    What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Are these the girleens with Ugg boots, something written across the arse of their grey tracksuit bottoms and orange faces?

Can't say I've noticed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jumpy wrote: »
    Its fairly common with travellers as well. Perfectly done makeup that looks like it took hours and hair that looks like it was done in a salon, and a matching tracksuit that looks like it has never been worn.

Sometimes looks quite good.

No, no it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No, no it doesn't.

I guess you dont have the same level of hot traveller women around your area.
    Some of them here are smokin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Are these the girleens with Ugg boots, something written across the arse of their grey tracksuit bottoms and orange faces?

Can't say I've noticed them.

Amazing how educated young ladies feel that having the word "Juicy" spreed across their (usually ample) arse would attract young men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kellybutler

insecure girls wanting to be fit and exersize without the "swetty red face look" which is impossible when doing a hard workout :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Seeing as you're in Dublin, the most apt name for this subculture would be 'skangerettes'

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

No1J wrote: »
    Amazing how educated young ladies feel that having the word "Juicy" spreed across their (usually ample) arse would attract young men.

I agree its unattractive, I feel you get it more in UCD then Trinity (and I say this as a UCD student)

On the other hand do young men who exclusively wear tracksuit bottoms (I'm guessing they consider jeans too 'formal') and the stench that is Lynx think women are attracted to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I agree its unattractive, I feel you get it more in UCD then Trinity (and I say this as a UCD student)

On the other hand do young men who exclusively wear tracksuit bottoms (I'm guessing they consider jeans too 'formal') and the stench that is Lynx think women are attracted to them?

It appears that women are attracted to them. Well, at least the skangerettes are (I've decided to adopt that until something better comes along)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I was always amazed a women in full make up while at the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

While it's certainly contradictory it's a helluva lot better than the pyjama donning, hoppy earing wearing, johnny blue smoking subculture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro :pac:

Nah, just knacks op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wow, another resurrection from Kellybutler!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Jumpy wrote: »
    I guess you dont have the same level of hot traveller women around your area.
    Some of them here are smokin.

That may be so but they would still look better in a pair of jeans or a skirt and a sexy top.

I personally find girls in tracksuits(unless partaking in sport, about to partake in sport, or have just partaken in sport) fcuking repugnant. You don't see it in any other countries(except for deprived areas of the UK) and our female immigrant population is much better-dressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    While it's certainly contradictory it's a helluva lot better than the pyjama donning, hoppy earing wearing, johnny blue smoking subculture.

Nothing wrong with Smoking Johnny Blue! :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

The Snipe wrote: »

Except for maybe...Lung Cancer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The Snipe wrote: »

Sorry - just fits with the stereotype! :o

Advertisement