Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoil Stiofan Naofa

Options
  • 29-03-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi All,

I should have posted this in the education site but I'm looking for a bit of local help here so here goes. I've applied to Stiofan Noafa to do the Heritage and Cultural Studies course. Has any out there done this course because I'm looking for some info on what type of questions they are likely to ask. I have a degree in history, done some tourist work so I think this would be a great way to gain some new skills in this area. I would really appreciate any help I can get with this. I haven't gotten a date yet for interview or even if I do get one but I want to prepared when and if the time comes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I'm sure you want the college? There is another thread here on a similar subject and if you can find it, it may be of help.

If you have a degree already though, you could probably give the class, but do try and find the other post. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭conan doyle

thanks for that, I'm just going to look for that other post now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My girlfriend did the course, she loved it. She already had a degree as well; some elements of it she did find a little elementary, but in a lot of ways she did find that she was sufficiently challenged (mostly with the volume of projects). You get to go on a lot of field trips as well.

I can't remember what she said about the interview but if you want me to ask her for any more information just send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭conan doyle

Hi,

Thanks so much for all the info. I was worried that my degree might be a problem but this does not appear to be the case. I was just wondering if you could ask your girlfriend about the five day field trip to Aran ,for instance is it a compulsory element or not. The only reason I ask is that at certain times of the year leaving cork isn't alway possible for me but hey I'll work around it. Please thank your girlfriend in advance for the info great to hear from someone who has done the course.

Advertisement