Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cisco EPC2425 survey

• 29-03-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I'd like to point out that over the past couple of months there have been less and less posts regarding faults with this router.

To try and establish if UPC have addressed the issue and cut through the noise of networking related questions unrelated to this router's hardware I ask whoever is currently using this modem to vote in the poll below.

please be reminded, if you had faults in the past that where general networking faults unrelated to the hardware vote #.4

*standard - The definition being: using the EPC2425 as a wireless router on it's own regardless of on-board settings.

I use the EPC2425... 21 votes

as standard, but am unhappy with the product
    0% 0 votes
    in gateway mode with a second wirelass router
    33% 7 votes
    in gateway mode but have tested the EPC2425 wifi to be working again
    42% 9 votes
    as standard, I never had any problems
    4% 1 vote
    I use it, but have tweaked some settings
    19% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

theres no poll

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

don't see a poll. FWIW I had probs with this in the past, mainly related to the wireless but had some other gotchas with networking performance. I now run it in bridge mode with a WNDR3700 and have little to no problems anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

keep yer knickers on Jaysus:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

you need to redefine standard. i use it on its on but with only the firewall enabled. anything else and it used to drop packets. this may be fixed since but its still how i use it and standard to me would mean with all the defaults enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

MacGyver wrote: »
    you need to redefine standard. i use it on its on but with only the firewall enabled. anything else and it used to drop packets. this may be fixed since but its still how i use it and standard to me would mean with all the defaults enabled

Thanks, I updated the post.

"standard" meaning: using the hardware as intended by the manufacturer which includes the setting of any of the standard hardware option settings.

I could have put a poll option to "as default, I never had problems with this router", but I feel #.4 covers it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've added a 5th option to the poll
    I use it, but have tweaked some settings
    This will cover those people that use it, and are happy, but had to tweak the settings first (like disabling the IP Flood detection to use P2P applications). These people may have been unhappy with it at first, but are using it just fine now once they changed the right setting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Disabled firewall and IP flood and never a problem reaching max speeds for me (touchwood!!)

Advertisement