Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not enough bedrooms in the hotel for all guests

Options
  • 29-03-2011 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I am planning our wedding for summer 2013 but nothing is booked yet. My heart is set on Dunmore House Hotel, Clonakilty, West Cork but they only have 29 bedrooms and you can only reserve 20 of them for wedding guests which means that the other 100 or so guests will have to stay elsewhere.

I am worried that people will find it too inconvenient or that people will be inclined to leave the wedding earlier than they would have if they had a bedroom in the hotel.

Has anyone experience of this or any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

Alot of people look for B&Bs anyway if the hotel is too expensive so just put a list of all the local B&B's, guesthouses and other hotels in the area in with the invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

I wouldnt be too worried about it, plenty of accomodation nearby in clon & transport can be easily organised so no need to leave early
    best of luck with it, dunmore is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

I am getting married in 3 months and the hotel we have booked has 35 rooms. They have allowed us to reserve the whole hotel but we did have to pay a deposit for some of them...which will then be offset against our final bill.
    I asked the wedding coordinator in the hotel to send us a listing of local hotels, B&B's etc which we are including in with the invitations.
    Our hotel also has a minibus and will take people back to the local B&B's free of charge. Perhaps your hotel have a facility like this or might even be an idea to approach a local hackney driver to see if they might do a deal with you to be available to your guests for the night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 k4899g

That's great. Feeling better about booking it now. Thanks for all the advice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I was at a mates wedding and we ended up in a B&B because the hotel was full, no problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭b743k

People will understand and may be glad of the opportunity to save a few quid on a B&B room instead. Loads of lovely ones in Clonakilty and nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 k4899g

Thanks everyone

Advertisement