Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Francisco J1 2011

Options
  • 29-03-2011 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Going to San Fran for the summer and looking for people who want to share accommodation. Thinking in the sunset district if possible, anyone up for it?! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 orlaith20

Hey any luck with accommodation yet? myself and a friend are heading to san fran for the summer too, and were hoping to live around sunset as well, were still looking of people to share with!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Hey. I did my J1 in San fran years and years ago. Brilliant place. Sunset is nice. I stayed in Noriega on Sunset. If memory serves me correctly, try staying in Judah or a block nearby, as all the tram lines connect there. Sunsets streets go in alphabetical order, for example I was on Noriega, next block was Ortega. Look here for the map:
    innersunsetgrid500.jpg
    Just beware, you do need to buy all the furniture etc. in American rented houses, but skips are great! And of course garage sales! You will have a great time. Big Irish community in Sunset so you won't feel too lost. Just be sure to spend equal amounts of time in the great Haight Ashbury district and of course Castro!! Plenty to see there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JESSRabbit

orlaith20 No luck yet, but tbh havent been looking this week, with college and stuff, but interested in sharing alright, what date are you going over??

rebel10 Thanks for the advice, I like the idea of skip hunting and can't wait to see Haight!!! :):)

Hey!:) ya im the same it's hard to get time to look with all the college work!!! were heading out the 2nd of june! u?? are u going alone or with a group??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JESSRabbit

Aw deadly, yea I'm heading out on the first!! Heading over on my own, :confused: but I know some people over already, but hoping to share with girls!!
    I was told about the IIPC http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Immigration-Pastoral-Center-San-Francisco/59584209409 If you leave them a mail about the J1 handbook they'll send you one, it's amazing, like a bible! and they are having a J1 BBQ towards the end of june! They said to me it's easier to find a place when you land but it would still be nice to have somewhere to move into straight away.. Are u on FB???

• Advertisement

ahh well fair play ta ya for heading on your own but ull meet so many new friends out there anyway!!! ya i got that handbook its really good!!! ur rite would judt be nice ta have it sorted b4 we head! there ust 2of us heading!! yip sure am orlaith08@hotmail.com!:)

Advertisement